UKC

PCR Test to travel

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dmatth 03 Feb 2022

Looking for recommendation for pcr  24 hour test to travel to 
France

thanks

Dave

lpretro1 03 Feb 2022
In reply to dmatth:

Following this as I need to know the same thing

Tommy Harris 04 Feb 2022
In reply to dmatth:

Why a PCR? you can get away with just doing a LTF as long as its done by a Dr/registered practitioner and you get a cert, I did mine at a small clinic next to airport, cost me £30, literally waited 30 mins for result, they were even kind enough to print the cert off for me.

PCR's cost allot more, just do the LTF antigen one.

I think Boots also offer all the kits for travel..

Post edited at 07:16
 James FR 04 Feb 2022
In reply to Tommy Harris:

Yes, lateral flow is fine. Also, as it has to be done within 24 hours of departure, would you even get the results from a PCR in time?

james1978 04 Feb 2022
In reply to dmatth:

Official rapid tests.com always work for me. Not too stupid prices either. 

Martin W 04 Feb 2022
In reply to james1978:

I used Chronomics for my trip to Italy.  LFD "fit to fly" test done and confirmed online within minutes.  £15 IIRC.

In reply to Martin W:

Didn't you go down with covid whilst there? I'm sure i remember you posting about being stuck...

Martin W 04 Feb 2022
In reply to captain paranoia:

> Didn't you go down with covid whilst there? I'm sure i remember you posting about being stuck...

I did. My "fit to fly" LFD test was negative on 8th Jan. I first noticed symptoms on 15th Jan, and tested positive. Based on that elapsed time I'm pretty certain I didn't have it on the 8th, and got it while I was out in Italy. I spent a fair amount of time out there unmasked in restaurants and bars, most but not all of which had vaccine passport checks.

If also had a negative LFD test on 5th Jan (prior to seeing my GP).

Timy2 04 Feb 2022
In reply to dmatth:

Have a look at bottom of British Airways website, they list a load with discount vouchers too.

D.botts87 04 Feb 2022
In reply to Martin W:

> I used Chronomics for my trip to Italy.  LFD "fit to fly" test done and confirmed online within minutes.  £15 IIRC.

This above or another option Randox around £15. Postage arrived in a few days or you collect locally. Instructions dead simple. Download an app, scan test. Recieve safe to travel cert. 

There are plenty of options with a range of prices. 

Martin W 05 Feb 2022
In reply to D.botts87:

I looked at Randox first, but their app seemed pretty terrible and their support appeared to be non-existent.  Chronomics is web-based, no need to download and install an app, and although it's still a bit confusing at certain points in the process (they could do with providing a brief outline of the process as part of the kit) once you get past those humps in the road it works well.  (I suspect the PCR kit is even easier: swab, pop in tube, pop tube in envelope, pop envelope in Priority post box, job done.) I found Chronomics' customer support easy to access and quick to respond.

Darron 05 Feb 2022
In reply to dmatth:

Don’t forget Randox are the firm that Owen Paterson was lobbying for😉

sam@work 06 Feb 2022
In reply to dmatth:

C19testing were great.

ive just travel to france and back with no issue. only £20 for the antigen test which is all the french required.

you will need one to return for the passenger location form

CathS 06 Feb 2022
In reply to dmatth:

As others have said, an antigen test is also acceptable for entry to France.  This has to be a better option than a PCR as you can usually get a quicker turnaround from testing to issue of the certificate, it is significantly less costly and it avoids the risk of picking up a positive from a past infection.

Also, the UK is now back on the French orange list (rather than being in its own 'special' category), so the testing window has been increased to within 48 hours of travel for either PCR or antigen https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/Actualites/L-actu-du-Ministere/Certificate-of...

Based on a couple of trips to Europe over the last two months, I can recommend both C19 Testing and Collinson for providing a good service and very quick turnaround for antigen test certificates for travel.

The requirement to have a Day 2 antigen test on return to the UK will end from 11th February (for fully vaccinated travellers).

Post edited at 21:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...