UKC

Tierra de nadie, Gandia Spain topo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Climber_Bill 18 Dec 2023

Hi,

Does anyone know where a topo or guide for Tierra de nadie in Gandi Spain is available?

Thanks for any info.

CB.

Neil Morrison 18 Dec 2023
In reply to Climber_Bill: in the local guide https://www.escaladaymas.com/guia-de-escalada-de-lestret-de-les-aigues-y-la...

Buying it apparently supports local equipping. You would actually get away with working from the UKC listing of routes at the crag, it’s pretty easy to follow once you get a few markers. Only catch is it’s described left to right and you arrive near the rh side. I’d print/screenshot the UKC stuff though you get a good signal at the crag. While classed as Gandia area on UKC its part of it’s own discrete area around Xativa and Vallada.

Post edited at 15:39
OP Climber_Bill 18 Dec 2023
In reply to Neil Morrison:

Thanks. I did look for that guide and couldn't find any available. Always prefer to support guides when possible.

CB.

In reply to Climber_Bill: Great. Enjoy, it is a great crag and area. I’ll try and put a few more pictures up that might reference things a bit though I suspect I’ve already put up the better ones.

Post edited at 15:49
In reply to Neil Morrison:Aegelis on the main wall is easy to spot with its tufa column and you can work left and right from that.

OP Climber_Bill 18 Dec 2023

Great. Thanks for all the info.

GeoffG 18 Dec 2023
In reply to Climber_Bill:

I've got the guide that Neil mentions. I could send you pics of the tierra de nadie section.  Or I'm happy to lend it to you. It's a weighty tome. 1kg. So costly to post. Where are you based?

dominic o 18 Dec 2023

Last time we were there you could buy the guide at the bar at the lower crag parking. 

In reply to dominic o:

That’ll be la Sal de Romer at the Vallada parking. Didn’t seem to be open during the week in November/early December 

In reply to GeoffG: I cut out all the pages I didn’t want eg the bouldering and the crag above Xativa, cut the weight by about a third 😏 Mine is on loan to folk just now or I’d offer photos.

OP Climber_Bill 19 Dec 2023
In reply to GeoffG:

Thanks for the offer. I'm abroad at the moment so posting wouldn't be feasible. If I can't buy a copy I may take you up on the offer of pics.

CB.

OP Climber_Bill 19 Dec 2023

Yes, I saw that it was possibly available at the bar. Useful to know it's probably closed. I'll try and get one elsewhere.

Thanks.

CB.

Neil Morrison 19 Dec 2023
In reply to Climber_Bill: There’s a bar in the main street as you go into Vallada that has a sign for the guide with the same design just right of the door - though I’ve no idea if they sell it there. Have a good one whatever. You may know already but Vallada itself is great and if you are there before the end of December when the bird ban kicks in La Fos is brilliant and La Bastida at Moixent is worth a visit.

Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 19 Dec 2023

If you manage to get to the crag without a guidebook this is the first route you will encounter https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/tierra_de_nadie-25044/la_revuelta-...

OP Climber_Bill 20 Dec 2023

We had initially planned to go to La Fos, but won't get there until early Jan, so that will have to wait until next winter.

OP Climber_Bill 20 Dec 2023
In reply to Steve Crowe:

Great, thanks.

CB.

Robert Durran 31 Dec 2023

Might be too late, but I bought the guide this morning at the little cafe/bar in the church/hermitage just above the parking for Vallada. You need to go to the town of Vallada (google map link for this parking on UKC Vallada entry).

OP Climber_Bill 31 Dec 2023
In reply to Robert Durran:

Hi Robert,

That's great to know, thanks. Not too late, we'll be there soon. Hope you're having a good time.

CM.

Robert Durran 31 Dec 2023

> That's great to know, thanks. Not too late, we'll be there soon. Hope you're having a good time.

Nice van parking on the right just before the hermitage. Three euros per day. We'll probably be here a few days. Got one route in at T de N today - superb!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...