UKC

TX Guide vs TX Guide Leather

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 galpinos 20 Mar 2024

My TX Guides are on their last legs and as I'm one of the lucky few for whom the best approach shoe in the world (TM) fits like a glove, I would like to replace them.

However, I notice a leather version has been launched that, which only a small weight penalty, would add some "weatherproofness" which would be much appreciated when trudging across the oft damp UK approaches.

With La Sportiva's rep for messing with TX lasts between models and even model updates, does anyone have any experience with both models and if so, so they fir the same?

HomerTheFat 20 Mar 2024
In reply to galpinos:

HI, I have both and the fit is the same. I use the leather for exactly what you said

Exile 20 Mar 2024
In reply to galpinos:

I've got the leathers which are excellent. I bought them as I thought they were slightly wider than the non leather version when trying them on, but I haven't worn the non leathers outside of a shop. 

OP galpinos 21 Mar 2024
In reply to galpinos:

Thanks both of you. I shall buy the leathers at the same size on the basis of your responses. Ever so slightly wider is fine, I just don't want the fat footed fit of a TX 4.....

OP galpinos 21 Mar 2024
In reply to HomerTheFat:

Not sure the budget extends to both, the extravagance!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...