UKC

ARTICLE: Adventures For Kids - A Gritstone Bouldering Guide for Children and their Parents

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC Articles 23 May 2024

Keen indoor boulderers but new to the outdoors, the Burton family headed to Stanage with a guide aimed at kids and their parents. How would they take to real rock..?

Read more

TobyA 23 May 2024
In reply to UKC Articles:

I reviewed this guide for UKC after having checked out quite a few of the bouldering circuits with my 6 year old - and we both had a lot of fun doing so even in the crappy autumn weather. The review is in the 2023 Christmas book selection from UKC: https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/publications/guidebooks/christmas_books_-_o... 

This has got to be the greatest guide book ever.

Mancclimb 26 May 2024

Why can't I find these routes on UKC?

TobyA 26 May 2024
In reply to Mancclimb:

No one has added them. I thought about it but they're very little and designed for kids so the grades don't make a lot of sense if you're a big person.

orge 30 May 2024

Just bought this for my 4 year old along with his first climbing shoes.

Haven’t been for any walks/climbs with it yet but a quick scan through the areas/content left me very impressed.

I’m familiar enough with peak district bouldering/trad that the venues suggested would have occurred to me. However, access to a plan and something to show/encourage him is indispensable when venturing out with a younger child. Incorporating problems into a walk/loop is also nice and I’m imagining we will use the book to augment our normal Peak District walking activities.

A fantastic resource for family’s, even if you know the Peak District quite well!

J

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...