UKC

JOBS: Centre Manager, Eden Rock - Newcastle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 24 Jan 2024

At Eden Rock we pride ourselves on the inclusive, fun environments we create.  When you walk into one of our walls there will always be a friendly smile to welcome you. 

Read more

johnt 24 Jan 2024
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Out of interest, whereabouts in Newcastle is the location of the new centre ?

squarecow 25 Jan 2024
In reply to johnt:

I'm not anything to do with them but if.you look on their social.media they've tagged this location...

https://maps.app.goo.gl/fdCr26FM13YqNQhA8

Which is Benfield Business Park.

TomYoung 25 Jan 2024
In reply to squarecow:

Shame the Anarchy Brewery doesn't open their taproom on weekends anymore, would be handy for a bit of post session refreshment.

Is that really the going rate for managing a wall and all the duty of care/responsibility involved.

I know the hip young kids think working in the climbing industry is cool but is the cool factor really worth that much?

We should stop complaining about entry fees and pay these people properly.

CrimpinSimpkin 03 Feb 2024

Very low wage for a CM role in 2024...

petegunn 05 Feb 2024
In reply to Ennerdaleblonde:

Unfortunately the outdoor industry is still very underpaid, especially when you take into account the many hours of experience needed, paying for training and tickets, (usually gaining the said experience in your own time) having to care for and manage others in what can be high risk activities. 

You can sit on a till at Tesco/office cleaner/ baby sitter and be paid more than £15 hour which is more than most climbing wall instructors get I suspect.

Post edited at 17:33
In reply to petegunn:

I imagine the tickets and training necessary for a wall manager are almost equivalent to a masters degree. Add to that the responsibility of managing half a dozen staff and the h&s of the centre.

An engineering manager would command double that salary.

I appear to have answered my own question, the cost of cool is half a salary. Step away from Fonzie, he is bad for your wealth.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...