UKC

NEWS: Fri Night Vid: A Frenchman in Dorset

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 10 Dec 2010
A Frenchman in Dorset, 3 kbTonight's video is from UKC user Gcandlin.

He described his film:

"I shot a short film in Swanage at the weekend about my friend from across the pond 'A Frenchman in Dorset'.

No hard climbing and a definite lack of power screaming but I think it is something fellow UKCers will relate to."

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59353

RockaJo 10 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Great video! Very professional presentation and superb interview. Really cool to see the route whilst it and the crux were being described by the climber. I want a life of sexiness and adventure! :P
 Tom Last 10 Dec 2010
In reply to RockaJo:
> (In reply to UKC News)
>
> I want a life of sexiness and adventure! :P

Have you met Zaphod Beeblebrox?
 Jonathan Emett 10 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
what's the route he describes? I thought he said "new age, new ..." but the music drowned him out. <pet hate>
 La benya 10 Dec 2010
In reply to kos_os:

yeah was pretty good.
nice to see the local crags too. must have been a big group cos that was ALOT of top ropes up in the same area. hope they werent thru the bolts
 jamespilgrim 10 Dec 2010
In reply to mark_wellin:
Routes that I have actually done as well - still, if the Swanage coast is good enough for Dr Who...
 MikaelW 10 Dec 2010
In reply to Jonathan Emett:

The route was "New age, new style", a very impressive 5+...

Hum, not sure it is in my interest to see that video here...

The challenge was mostly the cold, frozen fingers & all, not sure I would recommend going to Swanage in the sort of temperature we have seen in the last two weeks...

Anyway, it was a nice week-end ; just hope I go back there in 6 month time for some more serious climbing.

Mikael

PS: Well, I wish I hadn't said some of those - 15 minutes speaking to the camera saying just what go through your mind... Anyway, what is done is done I guess!
 La benya 10 Dec 2010
In reply to jamespilgrim:

yeah boi!

i love busting out the 'who' factoid when i take new people there.
 Joedt 11 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Really enjoyable film. It shows perfectly what the average person gets out of climbing, without any macho worries about grade, style, etc.
It would be nice to see a few more like that.
 dionhughes 11 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Although I really enjoy to see and hear of hard ascents as reported regularly on UKC, by the talented elite. It is very refreshing to view a very nicely made short film about the adventures of the "normal" climber.

Good on yer UKC for showing it. And a job well done Gcandlin.

PM 12 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Great little video!
 milkyjoe 12 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Great video
 dereke12000 13 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: thanks for making this excellent short video! Agree with comments about this being a typical climbing day for a lot of people. Good choice of music too. Merci.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...