UKC

DIGITAL FEATURE: Humans of Climbing: Volume 2

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 02 Aug 2018
Gilly McArthur, 4 kbInspired by the popular Humans of New York Facebook series by Brandon Stanton, we thought that sharing short vignettes from a cross section of the climbing community would serve as an antidote to the political polemic of today's society. Here's Volume 2 collated from our Facebook posts.

Read more
 dunnyg 02 Aug 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

Some punctuation is being replaced by random symbols. Makes it difficult to read. Had this problem previously on similar articles.

In reply to dunnyg:

Thanks for the feedback, I too had the same issue with the recent Mike Hutton Digital Feature, so it's a recurring issue. I've brought it up with our Developers and hopefully they'll get the matter resolved ASAP.

dunnyg 02 Aug 2018
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Fixed now, cheers!

robertmichaellovell Global Crag Moderator 02 Aug 2018

Some inspiring stories in there, thanks.

Wft 02 Aug 2018
In reply to robertmichaellovell:

Agreed, Gilly is one strong individual! 

Incidentally, the quality of that front photograph is simply awesome. She and the boulder she's sitting on are just so sharp. What was the camera used?

Just a note to say we'd like to continue receiving more of these from all kinds of people and climbers. Although many of the people so far have very inspirational stories, that's not a requirement at all. We're simply aiming for as many people as possible to get involved! Some blurb below that I send to interested participants:

'It's a take on the popular 'Humans of New York' page, where individuals are featured in a portrait photo and they tell a short story about themselves, a personal anecdote or similar. It gives people an small insight into them as a person and into their lives. I am aiming to show the diversity of climbing across all ages, races, nationalities, backgrounds etc. There are multiple versions of the concept: Humans of Chamonix, Humans of London, Humans of (insert city!).

Ideally our 'climbing' version would have you talking about climbing; what it gives you, what experiences it's brought you, etc. It only has to be a paragraph or so, nothing long, and a portrait photograph. The piece can be abstract, creative - whatever you want to put across about your climbing and life in a concise couple of paragraphs.'

Don't be shy! Email natalie@ukclimbing.com.

Chris_Mellor 03 Aug 2018

Thank you. This was a hugely enjoyable read.

In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Canon EOS 5d mark III, says Gilly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...