UKC

MARMOT CLIP COMP (21): Lead Zeppelin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 05 Nov 2008
The Marmot "On Sight" Film Clip Competition

Lead Zeppelin by Stuart Llewellyn

You can watch here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1377

There are more than £1,000 worth of MARMOT prizes on offer

THIS COMPETITION IS CLOSED. The remaining entries will be played over the next two weeks and then will be judged and the winners announced.

Full details of the competition here: http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=1202

Smelly Fox 06 Nov 2008
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

That brings back memories! A superb route!
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Excellent, that's how all winter climbing should look.
 Will Hunt 08 Nov 2008
Nice one guys. Looking for a bit of info on this route. How hard would you say you have to be climbing on bolts to get up this? Is it possible to aid the hard bits? And what's the belay station on the roof like? I seem to remember gazing at it from the Camino del Rey and thinking that it looked like the mangiest bit of tat going!
 stuwelly85 09 Nov 2008
In reply to Will Hunt:

Crux pitch is 6c+.

The belay on the roof is ok from what I remember. You can (as we did) pull on draws to get to the belay, there's also a dubious sling which we had to use as a hand hold to get to the station, be impressed if people haven't used this to finish that pitch. Couple of easier pitches which require trad, which is about HS/VS.

Been a while but dont think you could pull between draws on 6c+ pitch.

There's also a spicy slab pitch lower down under the roof, think it's the second pitch actually.

Hope that helps?
 Smelly Fox 11 Nov 2008
In reply to stuwelly85:
It would be hard to aid the 6c+ pitch, tho not impossible with some etriers I recon. It would be possible to retreat from the station above the roof if you messed up the headwall.
Ive heard the roof and headwall can also be linked into one pitch at 7a, although I think this proposed grade is quite conservative!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...