UKC

NEWS: Paul Ross - 500th New Route - Aged 73

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Oct 2010
The 'Team 500' on route - yes that is spiderman...!, 5 kbPaul Ross started climbing back in 1953 and a year later led his first new route with an ascent of Troutdale Pinnacle Superdirect (HVS) on Black Crag, Borrowdale.

He recently made the first ascent of Team 500, a three pitch 5.11- trad route in the Three Finger Canyon area, Utah. This is his 500th new route, and the 73 year old Englishman has more to come...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=58102

lummox 14 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC News: Very, very impressive. The bugger looks in his 50's as well...
 Jack Geldard 14 Oct 2010
In reply to lummox: Loving the spiderman outfit!

And the photo of Little Chamonix near the bottom.

Great.

Jack
 Mick Ward 14 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Bloody brilliant! Shows that it's never over until you give up. Keep going mate. Keep going...

Mick
 Jerry Handren 14 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Nice one Paul, you've had nearly as many wives!
 Pete Graham 14 Oct 2010
In reply to Jerry Handren:
If I am that fit in 2026 I'll be well chuffed.
One wife been quite enough though. Almost 30 years and no complaints (except that nut curry).Well done Paul.
 Rick Graham 14 Oct 2010
In reply to Pete Graham:
Shit. wrong log in. should have been posted in my account.
 Rick Graham 14 Oct 2010
In reply to Rick Graham:
Peter has never been offered the nut curry. He was born 6 years later.
In reply to UKC News:

Chapeau.

jcm
In reply to UKC News:

Well done mate, there's some hope for us old buggers yet.
 Robin Shaw 15 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC News:
I had the great pleasure of climbing and hanging out with Paul in the late fifties and sixties in the Lakes and later in the seventies climbing in New Hampshire where he edited a great guide to Cannon, Cathedral, Humphrey's and Whitehorse. What a generous spirited and fantastic mate. And one of the greatest climbers of his generation.
 markkk 16 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC News: The shirt looks like an IME shirt from North Conway NH. I think he had a long traverse of Cathedral Ledge.
 Franco Cookson 16 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC News: It's a hard one that Post Mortem. An excellent route that I'll have to get back on. I did my first E4 the day I failed on that, so I have a lot of respect for these old-style routes.
 tom.ireson 16 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC News: Awesome! Nice one Paul! an inspiration to us all.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...