UKC

INTERVIEW: Perfect Partners #14: Simon Richardson and Roger Webb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 27 Dec 2018

Roger Webb and Simon Richardson celebrate on the summit of Aonach Beag after the first ascent of Time Warp (V,5).In this series of articles, Tom Ripley interviews some well-known - and lesser known - climbing partnerships to dig up their dirty secrets and find out what they really think of one another...

Having climbed together since the 80s, Simon Richardson and Roger Webb are stalwarts of the Scottish Winter scene. The pair have been quietly climbing new routes on remote Scottish cliffs for over three decades. For much of the that time both of them have held full-time jobs. Simon is a recently retired engineer based near Aberdeen, whilst Roger is a criminal Lawyer based near Inverness. This partnership possibly rivals that of Fowler/Ramsden as two of the UK's most successful weekend warriors.

Read more

planetmarshall 27 Dec 2018
In reply to UKC Articles:

Really enjoyed that, Roger. Maybe I'll get to Slioch this year...

gavmac 27 Dec 2018

Brilliant. Everything that makes Scottish winter climbing great. Gents indeed.

Wee Davie 27 Dec 2018

Great article. Simon's writing CV stretches back much further than the Scottish Winter site. I used to wait impatiently to read his Winter round- ups in the magazines back in the 90's. As regards his & Roger's modesty r.e. the technicality of their climbing I'd be delighted if I ever achieve anything like their level!

Ramon Marin 29 Dec 2018

So good! What a great attitude and spirit

Josh Willett 31 Dec 2018

Great stuff! two legends 

CaelanB 31 Dec 2018

The thought of hitherto unknown cliffs scattered around Scotland is super exciting, if only I knew where such cliffs lay...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...