UKC

NEWS: Power Pact Cave at White Goods Collapses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 18 Oct 2016
Viki climbing Stump Man M11 at White Goods, 5 kbThe popular drytooling venue White Goods in Clwyd, North Wales has lost some of its hardest routes following the collapse of Power Pact cave this weekend.

Read more
 Sl@te Head 18 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

'the crag floor now is just a jumble of giant boulders, with all of North Wales' hardest drytooling routes on them!'

Bolted Boulder Problems, awesome
 JLS 18 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:
Brothers and sisters of tooling, for too long have we been marginalised on to reservations like this 4th rate crag. Let the thunder of this collapse be our wake-up call. It is time to claim North Wales as our homeland. First we take Dinorwig...
Post edited at 15:21
 ianstevens 18 Oct 2016
In reply to JLS:
> Brothers and sisters of tooling, for too long have we been marginalised on to reservations like this 4th rate crag. Let the thunder of this collapse be our wake-up call. It is time to claim North Wales as our homeland. First we take Dinorwig...

Please don't
Post edited at 16:28
 Roberttaylor 18 Oct 2016
In reply to UKC News:

What a coincidence, 'Sneachda just came into condition!
 ERU 18 Oct 2016
In reply to JLS:

> Brothers and sisters of tooling, for too long have we been marginalised on to reservations like this 4th rate crag. Let the thunder of this collapse be our wake-up call. It is time to claim North Wales as our homeland. First we take Dinorwig...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!!!
 sfletch 18 Oct 2016
In reply to JLS:

Toolers of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your fixed quickdraws. We march on Raven Tor at first light.
 Misha 18 Oct 2016
In reply to sfletch:
Raven Tor isn't really steep enough to be of much interest
 sfletch 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Misha:
Agreed. But I live nearer Raven Tor than Dinorwig and my marching radius needs to be realistic.
Post edited at 21:38
In reply to UKC News:

>>The popular drytooling venue ƒ± White Goods​ in Clwyd, North Wales

Hate to be pedantic, but it hasn't been in Clwyd for over 20 years.
 muppetfilter 18 Oct 2016
In reply to JLS:

To vaguely Reference Sean Connery in The Untouchables..

"You Scratch our Millstone, We Blow up your white Goods"
 climber34neil 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Misha:

Water cum jolly cornice would be though! What do you reckon ?m9 for the albatrocity ?
 Misha 18 Oct 2016
In reply to climber34neil:
Don't know it but will have a look next time I'm there

On a serious note, there's plenty more hard new routing potential at the Works and there's Mannod as well, although not sure it's got anything as hard as Powepact.
 climber34neil 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Misha:

Do you mean the bouldering wall in Sheffield ?
Also on a more sensible note I think there is room for more stuff to be developed at masson as well, Surely a low start into tenacious link where the old bolts are? And independent lines as well?
 richprideaux 18 Oct 2016
In reply to Ron Rees Davies:

Nowhere has realy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...