UKC

NEWS: Scottish International Winter Meet 2020

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Mar 2020

Simon Richardson of scottishwinter.com reports on the 2020 Scottish International Winter Meet.

The winter weather gods shined brightly on the Scottish International Winter Meet during the last week of February. A warm December and January had left the Scottish mountains bare of ice and snow and the prospects for winter climbing looked bleak. Fortunately, the February conveyor belt of westerly storms changed all that, and the ensuing frequent freeze thaws produced some of the best ice conditions on Ben Nevis and in Glen Coe for several years.

Read more
 innes 11 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Great to read about all the action across the week. It'll definitely build on Scotland's reputation as a winter climbing destination.   

But I have to say: hats off to Peter Hoang and Neil Adams for stacking an incredible run of ascents across the week.  Awesome effort!

emily roo 11 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Great article!

I'm afraid the photo that Masa took is definitely not of me.... It's Cath Wilson (I think, or Kath James maybe?!) who were not on the meet but in the team sandwiched between us all on North Buttress...

And also... WOW to Peter and Neils week!!

HeMa 12 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC News:

Good, read and some stellar climbing was had it seems.

I remember that I enjoyed my time in 2014 and my friend enjoyed his visit in 2016.

While the central housing in Glenmore Lodge kept the whole crew in one place, with finicky weather it often meant that at least in 2014 a lot of the people were often really late. So I do think the model used now using the huts was better.

planetmarshall 12 Mar 2020
In reply to emily roo:

> Great article!

> I'm afraid the photo that Masa took is definitely not of me.... It's Cath Wilson (I think, or Kath James maybe?!)

Actually I'm pretty sure that's Emily Warren.

Emma Warren 12 Mar 2020
In reply to UKC News:

It’s me Emma Warren on North Buttress not Emily Ward. 😀

rachcrewe 12 Mar 2020
In reply to Emma Warren:

Clearly too baffled by all the women on the route that day 😉

Emma Warren 12 Mar 2020
In reply to emily roo: It’s Emma Warren on North Buttress. 

planetmarshall 13 Mar 2020
In reply to Emma Warren:

Sorry - Emma not Emily Jakub and I climbed ahead of you on Twisting Grooves. Hope your partner wasn't too spooked by the avalanches.

emily roo 13 Mar 2020
In reply to rachcrewe:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 . Also, sorry I got you confused with Cath, Emma!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...