UKC

FRI NIGHT VID: Serendipity

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 22 Jan 2016
Jose Olivares, 3 kbThis week's Friday Night Video comes from Abstract Normality Media and Wild Country, featuring Spanish climber Jose Olivares describing his move to the UK and getting to grips with the Sheffield climbing scene.

Read more
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 22 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Nice to see someone else's views - neat vid,

Chris
 Mark Collins 22 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

I liked that a lot, thanks for sharing. Kilnsey best crag in the UK, difficult to argue against but makes me wonder if he's been to Malham and what he thought of that.
 stp 22 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Classic opening scene.
 althesin 23 Jan 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Pero lo que ha hecho en gres ?

In reply to Mark Collins:

> I liked that a lot, thanks for sharing. Kilnsey best crag in the UK, difficult to argue against but makes me wonder if he's been to Malham and what he thought of that.

I can imagine he might have been to Malham but still preferred Kilnsey. I love both but Malham is a bit fickle conditions-wise (the number of days I have spent there waiting for the shade to roll around the catwalk....). And, even the classics have some horribly unpleasant holds. Kilnsey is a bit more straight-forward in terms of style and suitability whatever the weather (once it dries out).

That said, I like Jose's comment about Kilnsey - "sometimes it is wet apparently" - I suspect he has been pretty lucky with his days there!

Personally, I do think you have had the full Kilnsey experience until a red-point has been thwarted after all the hard climbing by a hold falling off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...