UKC

VIDEO: The Fine line

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 25 Apr 2016
Ruben Firnenburg on (off?) Jungle speed, 8c+, Siurana, 4 kbHenning Wang a.k.a Madskillz media and his pet drone has followed Ruben Firnenburg, 19, through the process of working Seleccio natural, 9a, at Santa Linya, in Catalunya.

Ruben has previously climbed several routes in the 8c+-9a range in Frankenjura and Catalunya.

The video is called...

Read more
 LouisJones 26 Apr 2016
I get the impression the weather wasn't great on his trip
 Fraser 26 Apr 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Very enjoyable video. I think that's the best drone footage I've seen in a climbing film.
 stp 26 Apr 2016
In reply to Fraser:

Yeah agreed, the drone footage was used really creatively giving one a much better idea of the general environment and the cave. In one of the first clips taken from up high looks like a guy takes an absolute monster fall.

Also nice to see that not all stories are successful. I'm sure all climbers can relate to failure and bad weather on trips.

I thought the interview was really interesting too, his comparison of this route with others he's done. The sound recording could have been better, but all in all a top vid.
 GarethSL 26 Apr 2016
In reply to stp:

> Yeah agreed, the drone footage was used really creatively giving one a much better idea of the general environment and the cave. In one of the first clips taken from up high looks like a guy takes an absolute monster fall.

I thought at first it was something falling from the top as he went so far, until I saw the belayer pop up in the air.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...