UKC

Villars IFSC Lead World Cup: Report

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 03 Jul 2023

The IFSC Lead circuit returned to the Swiss alpine town of Villars last weekend, where circuit stalwarts Janja Garnbret and Jakob Schubert took the top spots in a field packed with potential. As is typical for the Villars round, humidity was high, with heavy sideways rain and low-lying cloud adding to the usual high-energy Alpine atmosphere.

Read more

Michael Hood 03 Jul 2023
In reply to UKC News:

If I follow the "Watch the Olympic Channel replays here." link I end up with "This video is not available in your country" - how do I watch the IFSC comps?

I am in the UK.

Post edited at 21:58
 Mike-W-99 03 Jul 2023
In reply to Michael Hood:

Just search for ifsc 2023 in YouTube. Theres a few producers of condensed versions of the finals etc.

Michael Hood 03 Jul 2023
In reply to Mike-W-99:

Thank you

Matt Alexander 04 Jul 2023
In reply to Michael Hood:

Eurosport (via the Discovery + app) have the rights and replays can be watched on demand.  It does need a subscription though.

The spin by Janja (and Mia) was very impressive!

In reply to UKC News:

In the middle of the semi-final route all three medalists have their legs caught on the rope. I felt that in each case it stopped rotation after the move and therefore may have helped them not to fall from the move where many other competitors fell. Do you know how judges would look at this? Was it commented on or subject of appeal?

I watched finals on Discovery channel Eurosport but did not figure out how to turn on commentary (I know how to do it now). This is why I am asking here. I don't know if Charlie Boscoe commented on it.

BTW: Not trying to start any controversy. Just genuinely curious about the rules: . It was great competition!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...