UKC

BLCC results

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 08 Oct 2018

Can somebody point me towards a web link, (not Twitter or Facebook),with the lead climb results from the weekend please.

Andrew Kin 08 Oct 2018
In reply to Removed Usergilesf:

Good luck with that.  Give it a week or so

Removed User 08 Oct 2018
In reply to Andrew Kin:

Don't get me started... Grrr.

JLS 08 Oct 2018

> Can somebody point me towards a web link, (not Twitter or Facebook),with the lead climb results from the weekend please.

No. Floods of tears from early falls shorted-out the chief judge's laptop. With it, all results where lost. It is hoped that the kids affected by the confidence shattering experience don’t in the meantime turn to hard drugs as a coping mechanism and the event can be re-run next year, with the all important laptop housed in its own dingy, to prevent the same disastrous scenario.

Removed User 08 Oct 2018
In reply to JLS:

Really? There's a laptop involved? I had assumed, from the speed* with which the results have been collated and put on to the internet in the past, that they were hand written into a note pad, then loaded and typed up on a Sinclair ZX 81 with a dodgy keyboard, using a dial up connection in a Highlands post code.

JLS 08 Oct 2018

I definitely saw a laptop. I think the results were being printed out then flown by carrier pigeon to a monastery down south for illumination.  It is hoped that at least six UK cathedral libraries will have a copy of the results by 2023.

Andrew Kin 08 Oct 2018

I usually collate them by the photos people put on Instagram etc of the score sheets.  Unfortunately they have all unfriended me now so I can’t cyber stalk them anymore and have to rely on talking to them instead.

Removed User 08 Oct 2018
In reply to JLS:

Strong mental imagery there of a tonsured monk stood at a lectern, precisely and confidently working on those result notes!

https://goo.gl/images/DPRBhy

Whoa! There he is!

Post edited at 14:19
In reply to JLS:

But no actual results.

Removed User 08 Oct 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

They're up now, at the bottom of the page, at least 1st 2nd and 3rd in each category!

JLS 08 Oct 2018

I was keen to see ALL the scores. Hope they become available at some point...

Post edited at 18:47
 Ian W 08 Oct 2018

> Strong mental imagery there of a tonsured monk stood at a lectern, precisely and confidently working on those result notes!

> https://goo.gl/images/DPRBhy

> Whoa! There he is!

Mark Alderson at work, that is.

Yes I saw the podium names but they are not the results.

In reply to Ian W:

Now, now Ian, Mark has a very full head of hair

Ian W 08 Oct 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Its wonderful hair.

JLS 09 Oct 2018

Friar Tuck has worked overtime...

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/media/files/Comps/BLCC2018.pdf

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...