UKC

Monthly Depot Sheffield Trip and Widebodyz catch up

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi 

I had a productive session at The Depot Sheffied today where I employed some of the stuff from the Lattice Training video. I also caught up with Tom Randall and Pete Whittaker from The Widebodyz as they were setting up for CrackFest. 

https://youtu.be/a8DTOztiuLM?si=1_D0ifwZpozf4wF5

This month I also took a trip to KendalWall to lead climb with a local who knows Mr MasterClas and Mr Malham 9b.

I have decided to break up Team La Sportiva Solution Comp.

Big Tobz R

deacondeacon 22 Mar 2024
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

What does 'break up team la sportiva solution comp' mean?

bouldery bits 22 Mar 2024

Keep the Psyche, Sav

In reply to bouldery bits:

> Keep the Psyche, Sav

Got my a travel plans - including another Kendal trip and a  EICA Ratho trip via Big Depot Leeds 😉 .

I have plans to geth out on rock this year. 

Big All Cypriot Tobz

In reply to bouldery bits:

I will also be visiting Sheffield for a trip with Euan at Depot Sheffield in April. 😀

Big TR

Andy Hardy 22 Mar 2024

I know I might regret this, but what does "Big Tobz R" translate to?

In reply to Andy Hardy:

> I know I might regret this, but what does "Big Tobz R" translate to?

Big Toby Roberts 

McHeath 22 Mar 2024

You should make your mind up, on Lattice you’re LHoulding (see pic in post #1). I think most of us would be happier with you just signing yourself as Sav though.

Post edited at 19:17
In reply to McHeath:

> You should make your mind up, on Lattice you’re LHoulding (see pic in post #1). I think most of us would be happier with you just signing yourself as Sav though.

Wait a minute, are saying I am Lattice athlete? Tom did smile and say hello when he saw me trying a pair of Unparallel Vims on as I was looking for a shoe just for indoor bouldering. Toby is a 1/4 Greek Cypriot and a Lattice athlete.

Sav

Post edited at 20:22
In reply to deacondeacon:

> What does 'break up team la sportiva solution comp' mean?

The other person in the team wasn't interested in learning rope climbing. 🙁😞

Sav

Post edited at 20:47
 John Ww 22 Mar 2024

“Potential professional climber” my arse!

McHeath 22 Mar 2024

> Wait a minute, are saying I am Lattice athlete?

You´ve changed the picture now to a simple Lattice logo. Before, it seemed to be your Lattice personal profile page (or at least it implied that). Username: GREAKLHOULDING, and in the first sentence you described yourself as being a "potential professional climber".

If you could just stop the compulsive name dropping (both of top routes and of athletes), I suspect that the number of dislikes to your threads would rapidly drop.

Post edited at 20:59
In reply to John Ww:

> “Potential professional climber” my arse!

Fan of The Royle Family!?

S

John Ww 22 Mar 2024

No, just not a fan of complete bullshit.

In reply to McHeath:

> If you could just stop the compulsive name dropping (both of top routes and of athletes), I suspect that the number of dislikes to your threads would rapidly drop.

In this thread, I haven't mentioned any top routes but I was there for CrackFest setting and the guy I climbed with at KendalWall does know the top climbers.

Sav

Post edited at 21:13
In reply to McHeath:

> You´ve changed the picture now to a simple Lattice logo. Before, it seemed to be your Lattice personal profile page (or at least it implied that). Username: GREAKLHOULDING, and in the first sentence you described yourself as being a "potential professional climber".

> If you could just stop the compulsive name dropping (both of top routes and of athletes), I suspect that the number of dislikes to your threads would rapidly drop.

I called myself Sav in the last post.

In reply to McHeath:

> You´ve changed the picture now to a simple Lattice logo. Before, it seemed to be your Lattice personal profile page (or at least it implied that). Username: GREAKLHOULDING, and in the first sentence you described yourself as being a "potential professional climber".

What a did notice was that all other tweets became replies. I can change my Username.

Sav

midgen 23 Mar 2024
In reply to John Ww:

> No, just not a fan of complete bullshit.

You could do the world a favour and simply not post.

Love the enthusiasm as always Sav! 

John Ww 23 Mar 2024
In reply to midgen:

I’m pretty sure the world doesn’t give a flying one either way. And while enthusiasm is one thing, posting complete and misleading bollocks is another. 

In reply to midgen:

> Love the enthusiasm as always Sav! 

Thanks Midgen. 

Sav

Will all the people who think it's a good idea to hit the dislike to Sav's posts or post derogatory (Bullying?) replies, just stop it?

Sav's enthusiastic, you might not like his style or some of this content but hes not doing anyone any harm in his posts, if you don't want to read them don't, grow up, move on.

FamSender 24 Mar 2024
In reply to mountain.martin:

No I think 25 odd dislikes is probably preferable to 25 responses that all say stop talking bollocks, and dissecting why. There is a lot to object to in these posts.

In reply to mountain.martin:

> Will all the people who think it's a good idea to hit the dislike to Sav's posts or post derogatory (Bullying?) replies, just stop it?

> Sav's enthusiastic, you might not like his style or some of this content but hes not doing anyone any harm in his posts, if you don't want to read them don't, grow up, move on.

Thank you.

The last time I replied to the person below I got a lot of dislikes so I will not reply this time.

Sav

Post edited at 12:27
 Offwidth 24 Mar 2024
In reply to John Ww:

This was a common opinion when Sav first arrived here. Many posters urged caution as they had worked with people saying similar odd things. Several people tried to meet him to help him sample trad (a few got let down but that was due to internal family issues he faced at the time), and I succeeded. 

In my opinion there is no dishonesty in his posts and he is the same in real life. Occasionally he posts and says odd looking and occasionally inappropriate things (report these like anything else that breaks site rules) but would be no different from others facing the same life issues he does.

> Got my a travel plans - including another Kendal trip and a  EICA Ratho trip via Big Depot Leeds 😉 .

> I have plans to geth out on rock this year.

Enjoy your travels Sav. Keep on trucking.

Pedro50 24 Mar 2024
In reply to Christheclimber:

I'm a Sav fan 😀 keep us posted dude.

In reply to Offwidth:

> This was a common opinion when Sav first arrived here. Many posters urged caution as they had worked with people saying similar odd things. Several people tried to meet him to help him sample trad (a few got let down but that was due to internal family issues he faced at the time), and I succeeded. 

Thank you. Yes you did and we did two trips to Burbage North. Are you up for more trips? I am. 

> In my opinion there is no dishonesty in his posts and he is the same in real life. Occasionally he posts and says odd looking and occasionally inappropriate things (report these like anything else that breaks site rules) but would be no different from others facing the same life issues he does.

I myself, have asked some of my posts to be deleted myself. My last original post, before this one, got removed but the moderators didn't tell me why.

Sav

In reply to Christheclimber:

> Enjoy your travels Sav. Keep on trucking.

Thank you. Will do. 

Keep on public transporting. 🚆🚌🚊

Sav

Offwidth 25 Mar 2024

Of course.  Probably early summer though.... pretty full diary until then, starting with Font.

In reply to Offwidth:

Great to hear. I have plans in Spring myself.

Summer is good. 

Have a great time in Font. 

Sav

In reply to Pedro50:

Will do. 👍

Sav

In reply to FamSender:

What are the knots in the photo?

A. Rethreaded Figure of Eight and Double Stopper Knot.

B. Figure of Eight Knot on a Bight.

C. Double Overhand Knot and Bowline knot.

D. Double Fisherman's Knot and Triple Stopper Knot.

Sav

Post edited at 20:33

Pedro50 25 Mar 2024

A

In reply to Pedro50:

> A

Pedro. That is the correct answer. 

Do you want to make your second safety net £1000. You have all four life lines left.

Pedro50 25 Mar 2024

> Pedro. That is the correct answer. 

> Do you want to make your second safety net £1000. You have all four life lines left.

I'll press on Jeremy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...