UKC

Guerdon Grooves

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AlH 28 Jan 2012
Tweeted by "Nick Bullock BMC winter meet day 6. BOOM. 2nd ascent of Guerdon Grooves 28 years after 1st winter ascent. Robertson/Russell/Bullock, HAPPY!!"
Er.... WOW! Can't wait for details of this one
In reply to AlH:

Now that's going to be worth reading

ALC
 DaveHK 28 Jan 2012
In reply to AlH:

Love to know the suggested grade of this.
 Garbh Coire 28 Jan 2012
In reply to a lakeland climber: Get in!
 Jim Walton 29 Jan 2012
In reply to AlH: Good skills Nick & Team.
 TobyA 29 Jan 2012
In reply to AlH: About time! Who's Russel? A non-Brit presumably? Well done to all.
 Simon Yearsley 29 Jan 2012
In reply to TobyA: Bayard Russell - US guest from New Hampshire on the winter meet. A very very very very charming bloke... and a pretty handy climber too!
 simon_D 29 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon Yearsley: I saw the headtorches on Slime wall on Sat night while driving to the Kingy...epic!
 TobyA 29 Jan 2012
In reply to Simon Yearsley: Thanks Simon and congrats to Bayard - quite a tick for your holiday! I look at the pics on NEice.com from time to time and thinks the guys from up there would "get" Scottish climbing pretty well. This seems the case! Look forward to photos and reports when they get a chance.
 smithaldo 29 Jan 2012
In reply to AlH: Sorry to be a pedant, but this is the third ascent. 5cifi did it, I remember him saying. He is very modest though so didn't give details other than that he had done it.
 jameshiggins 29 Jan 2012
In reply to smithaldo:
> (In reply to AlH) Sorry to be a pedant, but this is the third ascent. 5cifi did it, I remember him saying. He is very modest though so didn't give details other than that he had done it.

To whom are you referring?

Jim

liz j 29 Jan 2012
In reply to smithaldo:
Of course, I was trying to wrack my brains as to who it was. Didn't he also claim to have climbed a WI7 somewhere too? Infact, it was on the saem thread I believe!!
 DaveHK 29 Jan 2012
In reply to jameshiggins:
> (In reply to smithaldo)
> [...]
>
> To whom are you referring?
>
> Jim

He was one of the many fantasists to have passed through UKC. Made for entertaining reading though.
 liz j 29 Jan 2012
In reply to DaveHK:
Interestingly, the thread where he claimed to have climbed it has been deleted, although it was there a few weeks ago because I read it again for chuckle value!!
 TobyA 29 Jan 2012
In reply to creag: Nice one. I figured Simon would be the first to get a report but it would have to wait until late evening when he got down from whatever he got up today!
 liz j 29 Jan 2012
In reply to TobyA:
Interesting thoughts on the grade, looks like the mystery that has surrounded this route since the first ascent will continue, which is kind of nice really!!
 JamesRoddie 29 Jan 2012
In reply to AlH:

Just been having a chat with Guy in the Clachaig this evening. He had a lot of praise for the route - good to see that climbing history is still being made in Glencoe.

James

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...