A pleasant direct alternative if the traverse of the Micheluzzi is particularly busy. Good consistent climbing though it does suffer from seepage after periods of heavy rain.
Start as for Big Micheluzzi.
1-4) As for Big Micheluzzi.
5) III, 15m. Move up 1m then traverse right along a big ledge under yellow rock for 6-7m to reach a cement ring under the yellow corner. Big Micheluzzi continues right here.
6) VI, 40m. Climb the yellow corner for 10m, then make a rising traverse right past a pillar. Climb slabs and a corner direct to a bolted stance.
7) V+, 40m. Ascend for 2m then traverse a narrow ledge right. Take care not to traverse too far. Climb a steep pocketed face rightwards to a small roof. Move right and climb a short crack to a stance by the corner.
8) V, 40m. Move left into the corner and follow this to a stance below an overhang.
9) VI+, 40m. Move right around the overhang and re-enter the corner. Climb this to the next stance below a bulge.
10) V-, 25m. Climb the bulge direct on good holds and continue more easily to the Chamois Terrace. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
A direct Finish to the Micheluzzi climbing the big yellow diedre above the 90m traverse of the Micheluzzi.
Buhl, Steng 1949.
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents