We are looking for a new Duty Manager to join our team here at Redpoint Bristol.
The Flashpoint Group is currently made up of multiple activity centres across Bristol, Swindon, Swansea and Cardiff with a speciality in indoor climbing.
Our mission is to encourage growth through community and challenge. We want to create a thriving community by ensuring a friendly, welcoming and professional environment for all customers and staff. We create a fun and challenging environment in which customers can progress through the variety of activities we offer, there's something for everyone!
Does this sound like the place for you?
CWDI trained: £10.50 p/h
CWDI assessed: £11.25 p/h
Role and responsibilities
Duty Managers have a varied shift pattern, working a mixture of instructing, reception, Duty Manager and other shifts. As a Duty Manager you will provide a bridge between all departments within the centre. As such, you will need to be able to cover all departments with a high level of competency. You will ensure the centre runs smoothly on a day to day basis, providing back up to the reception, instructor and route setting teams. The role involves a high level of organisation, time management and the ability to problem solve. You will be a friendly, available, approachable and professional 'go to' member of the team for customers and staff alike. The list below outlines the principle duties during a Duty Manager shift. However, this list is not exhaustive and the Duty Manager role requires a flexible approach to working. By the nature of the role, you are expected to take ownership of your duties and develop them in line with the centre's needs.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the centre, ensuring a smooth operation
- Responsible for opening and closing the building (Key holder).
- Complete the daily check sheets
- Cashing up at the end of the day
- Ensure the centre is ready for customers each day
- Deal with accidents and rescues in a professional manner
- Utilise/Take charge of the building's Emergency Accident Procedure should an incident occur
- uphold and ensure the customer service policy of redpoint Bristol.
- Excellent product knowledge and can advise customers on all our products and services.
- Ensure groups are greeted and organised in a friendly and professional manner.
- Carry out regular floor walks in the centre
- Provide backup and support to the reception, route setting and instructor teams.
- Working with the team on a daily basis to keep the centre clean and tidy
- Deal with and make records of all incidents requiring first aid. .
- Assisting managers with additional tasks
- Taking on regular Reception and Instructing shifts
Hours of work
Our Duty Managers work on average around 30-35 hours per week, depending on the work they are involved in – many of our Duty Managers are also part of our bookings, equipment checks or route setting teams, which provide additional hours.
Shifts are spread over regular weekdays (a mixture of daytime and evening shifts) and regular weekends. This is done via a 3 week rolling rota.
- Be a keen climber
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Previous experience instructing at an indoor climbing wall
- Worked on a climbing centre reception
- Desirable experience
- Knowledge of National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS)
- Fluent in the use of Rock Gym Pro including use of the integrated bookings system
- Understanding staff rotas to organise staffing levels
- Previous experience floorwalking at an indoor climbing centre
- Previous experience of climbing wall rescue procedures
- Worked as a Duty Manager at a climbing centre
- Proven experience managing and supporting a team
- CWI or RCI qualified
- CWDI trained
- First Aid
- CWDI assessed
- Additional coaching qualifications
- Further qualifications in instructing, coaching and first aid paid for by Redpoint.
- Opportunity to expand your job role and develop new skills.
- Free climbing (for yourself and a +1) at all our sites.
- Discount in the café.
Closing Date: 16th February