UKC

Alicante recommended car hire

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nickcanute 02 Jan 2018
Hi Folks,
due to visit Costa Blanca after many years absence, I'm grateful for current recommendations for reliable/ good value car hire, picking up from Alicante airport.
Thanks
 Robb Bert 02 Jan 2018
In reply to nickcanute:

Hi
There was a discussion on this recently.
Hopefully this link will work
Robb

https://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=673771
 David Myatt 02 Jan 2018
In reply to nickcanute:

I used Drivalia in November, and did last year too. Excellent service both times.

Have fun, David
 riff156 02 Jan 2018
In reply to nickcanute:

Hi just got back from finestrat yesterday and after a lot of searching reading reviews and getting info from here I went with a company called Giner, we had a fiat uno and it cost us 147 euros for the 6 days we were there which included fully comp insurance and zero excess, also they don't rip you off with the fuel as you just return it with the same amount that was in it when you picked it up, not sure how the price faired with other company's as I didn't try any others but they were straight up and no hidden extras, would definitely use them again
Hope that helps
Have fun it was 22 degrees when we left ????
OP nickcanute 02 Jan 2018
In reply to riff156:

Thanks a lot, will check them out
OP nickcanute 02 Jan 2018
In reply to Robb Bert:

Cheers Robb David and Riffy
 mike123 03 Jan 2018
In reply to nickcanute:
Just used Lara car again . Can't fault them . Full to full. You pay what they say you will . Quick and efficient at the airport . You may save a few euros a day by going elsewhere but it's unlikely to be without pain .in a nut shell If you read through the many threads on here you find that there are several small independants that are good , if you book withe the large booking sites you'll probably end up with gold car who are crooks ( the odd person here thinks otherwise ) , or you can go to the big brands direct and pay more ( you'll get a mixture of views about the majors on here) .
 Bulls Crack 03 Jan 2018
In reply to David Myatt:

Me too - excellent as far as these things go
dazed_mouse 04 Jan 2018
In reply to nickcanute:

I went with Eurocar on the last trip. Booked smallest, cheapest on the web and received a convertible fiat 500. No hidden extras/hood winking so I would happily use again.

N
 Pete 04 Jan 2018
In reply to nickcanute:
On a trip to the Costa in December we flew to Valencia and someone pointed me to a firm called 'Do you Spain' also known as OK Rent a car. I was quoted £15 for 8 days. Thought that must be a day rate, but no it was the whole cost. So we went for it and all along thought it must be a scam, but, heck if it was we would have only lost 15 quid. They picked us up from the airport and we collected the car (brand new fiat 500). We still thought it was a scam right to the end. They charged top end rate for a full tank and you bring it back empty, but nothing else. My mate had annual excess insurance so we didn't have to pay exorbitant rates for that and that is all we ever paid. Even after we got back I thought that my credit card deposit would disappear, but no all was ok. Oh, and they threw in an extra driver for no extra cost. Amazing! Europcar, whom I have regularly used had quoted me £180.00. I am probably going again in February so will try them again. I am still puzzled as to how they do it. Incidentally, don't know where you are flying from, but we found it a lot cheaper on Easyjet flying to Valencia than Alicante. The drive is longer, but still makes the trip a lot cheaper.
Post edited at 15:31
 ChrisJD 04 Jan 2018
In reply to nickcanute:
You can use standalone insurance companies to cover the car hire excess - e.g. few quid a day for £7000 of cover

https://www.reducemyexcess.co.uk

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-car-hire
Post edited at 17:12

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...