UKC

Athens car hire recommendations

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 airborne 22 Jan 2018

Heading for Leonidio In a few weeks. Any recommendations for car hire companies at Athens airport, or ones to avoid?

Simon Caldwell 23 Jan 2018
In reply to airborne:

The cheapest deals are with the companies that usually have horror stories associated with them. But car hire from Athens is dirt cheap, so even the bigger companies don't charge much. Last year we booked with Alamo (via Holiday Autos), cost about £65 for 9 days.

Jamie Wakeham 23 Jan 2018
In reply to airborne:

I used Morphis a year ago because they were cheap.  I then proceeded to screw up at every opportunity: I gave them the wrong pick up time, so they rushed the car out to me early.  I put a huge scrape into one wing whilst parking, and they charged 450 euros (less than half my excess).  I then dropped it off half a tank of fuel short because I missed the last garage on the way back into the airport, and handed them a 20 euro note to fill it back up - they were fine with that.

They were so unfailingly polite, helpful and reasonable that I can't imagine they'll stay in business long!

In reply to airborne:

I asked this the other week but got no response so booked with holiday autos as they looked as good as any other. Don't go till next month so can't say how they are yet. 

Just FYI you can get your own insurance from someone like carhireexcess.co.uk who'll give you fully comp on any car hire and they're good if you need to claim still need to do the blocking on credit card lark with the hire company. And show them proof of your own insurance.

Have a good trip it looks so good! 

Dave Musgrove 26 Jan 2018
In reply to airborne:

I used DoyouSpain.com (yes I know Athens is in Greece) and they got me good cheap deal with Goldcar. I had my own collision damage waiver annual policy which keeps the costs down considerably. The only issue with Goldcar at Athens is that it is off site and quite hard to re find the entrance on your return if you don't concentrate when being taken there in the minibus. 

Ray Sharples 01 Feb 2018
In reply to airborne:

We used a small company called Athens Car Rental (https://www.athens-carrental.com) last Nov. Reasonable price. No problems. Great place!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...