UKC

Grading question: North Wales routes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Reach>Talent 27 Nov 2012
I'm off to North Wales this weekend. I've seen the footage of water pouring down Llanberis Highstreet, seen the flood warnings on the internet and looked at the weather forecast. I still wonder if there is any chance of getting any climbing done:

Any climbs that are likely to be less than grade 4 at the moment?*

Any chance of anything being dry outside of the slate quarries?

*http://www.ukriversguidebook.co.uk/reports/general/grades-in-the-guidebook
 NickD 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent: It's stopped raining now. If it doesn't rain again things will be dry, and if it does they won't. You're welcome.
OP Reach>Talent 27 Nov 2012
In reply to NickD:
I'm not satisfied with your answer. I'd like estimated moisure levels of holds on a selection of routes at the very least

More seriously are any areas currently innacessible?
 Simon Caldwell 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent:
Don't worry about it, we had 2 full days climbing last weekend. Flash floods tend to disappear quickly.
 Banned User 77 27 Nov 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent: Ogwen was this morning, so was Nant, as its fairly high up the water system these floods tend to go down pretty quick.. I know Nant is back connected..
 NickD 27 Nov 2012
It'll be fine. Come anyway, and if you can't climb you can spend your money in the shops and cafes that have had to sluice out the flood water.
 Banned User 77 27 Nov 2012
In reply to NickD: Saw S4C in the village last night.. think they were hoping for another flood..
OP Reach>Talent 28 Nov 2012
In reply to IainRUK et al:

Cheers! Looks like things are improving. Hopefully no more rain before Friday as I'm heading for the Ogwen valley.
 mr mills 28 Nov 2012

It`s looking better for the next few days and for the weekend, thermal weather towards the weekend though, very coldsome snow on tops....
OP Reach>Talent 28 Nov 2012
In reply to mr mills:
very coldsome snow on tops....

Axes or dingy, axes or rockshoes, dingy or rockshoes?

I thought I'd just about worked out what I was taking till you said the magic S word

mr mills 28 Nov 2012

Check out Rob Jonstons blog, he was out on Crib Goch yesterday but, since yesterday morning lot of it has dissapeared.....
 Banned User 77 28 Nov 2012
In reply to mr mills: Seemed a reasonable amount this morning, looking down the pass it looked quite low on Garn? Full moon for the next few nights, will be lovely evenings to be out.
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 28 Nov 2012
In reply to Reach>Talent: Looking good for winter roues maybe this weekend or tremadog. Most of the water has now run off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...