UKC

Diagnosis required

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
pasbury 18 Dec 2017
Please can any medical practioners (probably only psychiatrists need apply) explain why I feel an overwhelming desire to smash things up and shout at people whenever I inadvertently watch Michael Mcintyre on the telly.
 FactorXXX 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

I would suggest, that the first thing a psychiatrist would say, is not to inadvertently watch things that turn you into a mentalist.
 bouldery bits 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Because he keeps noticing stuff about your life and you think he's following you?

birdie num num 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

My diagnosis is that you’re insane.
You should smash up your telly.
 CasWebb 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Don't worry, you're perfectly sane
 Mark Collins 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Switch to Detectorists and it all melts away
 RomTheBear 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

> Please can any medical practioners (probably only psychiatrists need apply) explain why I feel an overwhelming desire to smash things up and shout at people whenever I inadvertently watch Michael Mcintyre on the telly.

Congratulations, you are perfectly sane.
 Bone Idle 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:
This in my opinion this is a normal reaction to the untalented MR Mcintyre ......Diagnosis....... sane.
Post edited at 10:44
 timjones 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

It's probably down to your frustration that the creeping advance of old age has caused you to forget where you put the remote and you're to bone idle to get up and switch channels manually
 krikoman 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

> Please can any medical practioners (probably only psychiatrists need apply) explain why I feel an overwhelming desire to smash things up and shout at people whenever I inadvertently watch Michael Mcintyre on the telly.

My diagnosis is you've got hypochondria, the feelings you're experiencing are totally normal, so stop thinking there's something wrong, there isn't.
pasbury 19 Dec 2017
In reply to timjones:

> It's probably down to your frustration that the creeping advance of old age has caused you to forget where you put the remote and you're to bone idle to get up and switch channels manually

You're right, I think I'll go for a wander round the house trying to find it, fail, then sit down again.
 earlsdonwhu 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

This is an entirely rational response. Everyone else is mad for liking the screeching, irksome buffoon.
 alx 19 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

You should try yoga, meditation or prancercise.
 The New NickB 20 Dec 2017
In reply to timjones:

Have you ever tried changing the channels manually on a modern TV. That is enough to turn you insane!
 NaCl 21 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

My girlfriend (qualified experienced psychologist of some years) thinks yours is a normal reaction. I wouldn't worry.
 timjones 21 Dec 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

You're not far wrong, but after a few seconds of randomly prodding the buttons you're unlikely to be watching anything at all
 Tobes 21 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

“Have you ever noticed”

“Have you ever noticed”

“Look at my bouncy hair”

“I had a regular job for about 3 months and now make a living as a comedian based just on that fact”

Bouncy hair, noticed, PR, bouncy hair, noticed.....hello Palladium!
In reply to pasbury:

He really grinds my gears too.
I feel your pain.
 Pete Pozman 22 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

Didn't you realise you were watching TV? My diagnosis is that you are accidentally at home when you should be at the "climbing gym" doing one arm pull ups. Maybe if you get tired you can watch the Friday night Vid on this site, but on no account must you ever watch peak time family viewing slot television.
 Postmanpat 22 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:
Yes, you are suffering from "middle class leftie syndrome". The classic symptoms are thinking that comedy has to be "edgy" and that a millionaire in a leather jacket with an earing shouting "Thatch" and "GeorgeW" loudly is the cue for outrageous hilarity. When you see people less clever and educated than you laughing at a comedian in a suit poking harmless fun at human foibles you are driven to paroxysms of entitled rage.

Sadly it may be incurable.

I bet you're looking forward to his Christmas Special x
Post edited at 20:53
 elliot.baker 22 Dec 2017
In reply to pasbury:

I don't mind 'im! Quite funny I think!
 Tobes 23 Dec 2017
In reply to elliot.baker:

> I don't mind 'im! Quite funny I think!

You dislike Doug Scott but like MM?

I wish that was a troll....

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...