UKC

Next photo ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jon 24 Dec 2022

Anyone got any idea what's happened to the 'next photo' button when viewing Latest Photos ? Can't be just me...

Cog 26 Dec 2022
In reply to jon:

>  Can't be just me...

No. It was a lot easier before.

Fraser 26 Dec 2022
In reply to jon:

Not just you Jon! (I thought it was just me!)

Edit: running Android 10, Chrome 108.0.5359.128

Post edited at 19:53
 Myfyr Tomos 26 Dec 2022
In reply to jon:

Phew. And I thought it was ME!

OP jon 27 Dec 2022
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

I did send an email/contact form to ukc yesterday morning as I'd had no replies to this thread. I expect they're on christmas hols.

Robert Durran 27 Dec 2022
In reply to jon:

I thought something was wrong but I couldn't quite put my finger on it!

jcw 27 Dec 2022
In reply to jon:

Also one could see where one stood in the general listing of galleries,  No more so far as I can make out. 

OP jon 27 Dec 2022
In reply to Robert Durran:

Very good, Rob.

Robert Durran 27 Dec 2022

Also, some photos of mine with votes are still showing up with a question mark in the thumbnails.

Robert Durran 29 Dec 2022

And I now have two photos, both with 11 votes but with the one averaging 4.0 ranked above the one averaging 4.4. Things seem a bit haywire.

Fraser 29 Dec 2022

Frankly no-one really cares about the voting, we just want the 'Next Photo' button back! Seems to be there for your own gallery, but not on the Latest Photos function.

In reply to Fraser:

> Frankly no-one really cares about the voting, we just want the 'Next Photo' button back! 

Well the voting does roughly rank the photos so that you can then use the "next photo" button to go through the better ones without having to go through the dross too!

In reply to jon:

That's fixed now. Sorry about that.

Fraser 29 Dec 2022

> Well the voting does roughly rank the photos so that you can then use the "next photo" button to go through the better ones without having to go through the dross too!

Are you sure about that? I'd always thought, perhaps wrongly, the photos were displayed on the basis of date and time of 'upload approval' by the photo mods, irrespective of their vote rating.

In reply to Fraser:

> Are you sure about that? I'd always thought, perhaps wrongly, the photos were displayed on the basis of date and time of 'upload approval' by the photo mods, irrespective of their vote rating.

If you click on "vote" rather than "date" they are ranked by UKC's mysterious ranking formula.

Fraser 29 Dec 2022

Aaah, thanks, all those years and I've never noticed that! Must admit, I prefer to see the photos as they're uploaded rather than in an order based on what other folk think of them. I vote on all photos, not just 4/5 star ones but I know others on here only do the latter.

biggianthead 31 Dec 2022
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

No its not

Robert Durran 01 Jan 2023
In reply to Fraser:

> Frankly no-one really cares about the voting.

and later.....

> I vote on all photos.

!!!

Post edited at 10:12
In reply to biggianthead:

Still working OK here. Are you logged in on the device it didn't work on?

In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Not working for me except on my own gallery.

Fraser 01 Jan 2023

I think you missed the point I was making!

In reply to Paul Phillips:

The Next button is working fine in all modes for me, thanks.

FactorXXX 01 Jan 2023

> Not working for me except on my own gallery.

Think it all depends on how you navigate to it.
If you click the 'Photos' tab and click the first photo in the 'Latest Photos' section then you don't get the 'Next Photo' option.
However, if you select 'Latest Photos' from the drop down menu when you hover over the 'Photos' tab it seems to work.
Also, the 'Next Photo' navigation arrows disappear when you maximise any photo unless they're in someone's gallery.

In reply to FactorXXX:

Thanks. Working now.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...