UKC

cheddar E1s

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mr-Cowdrey 15 Sep 2010
As the title suggests, can anyone recommend me some good E1s at cheddar? single pitch prefered, not looking at doing coronation street just yet, not untill im solid at E1 or above.

thanks
 koalapie 15 Sep 2010
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: I'm looking to get on Simba on Lion Rock in the near future, it looks very good.
 JimR 15 Sep 2010
In reply to koalapie:

Simba is very good, to be honest, there's not too many at that grade. Sullemberger is also good, multi pitch but not quite as committing as Coronation St. Thor on Acid Rock is brillant. Think its given HVS but if it were given E1, I suspect there would'nt be too many raised eyebrows.
 duncan 15 Sep 2010
In reply to JimR:

> there's not too many at that grade.

Cheddar comes into it's own at about E5!

Consolation in the reservoir area is good but I thought hard even the easy way.

Dinner Date on Heart Leaf Bluff is good and honest at the grade. Has threads which should be replaced (or removed) but you can back them up with good wires.
 JimR 15 Sep 2010
In reply to duncan:
I thought Consolation was nails for the grade .. and committing!
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey: Black Magic Woman, Demonic Arete and Scary Monsters are 3 good single pitch E1s which are close together, have bolt lower offs and could easily be done in a day. Not been in this area recently but be prepared for monster nettles on the approach.

Ian
 Paul Robertson 16 Sep 2010
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:
I'd agree with Ian, The Long Wall has loads of single pitch routes at around that standard.
It's never busy and it's very convenient as all the routes have lower-offs.
In reply to Mr-Cowdrey:

There are or were some in the car park down from Coronation Street which are quite convenient and easy of access and so forth, and not quite as crap as you might think. Useful introductions to the grade, I would say. Unfortunately I can't remember their names. They get very undersold in the CC guide; I think just mentioned in the text rather than given, as it were, proper route status. One of them is called something like Fishflinger, or something equally absurd.

jcm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...