UKC

Horse Shoe Quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Urban5teve 17 Sep 2023

Just wondering what the highest single pitch climb is at HS. Anybody know please? 

deacondeacon 17 Sep 2023
In reply to Urban5teve:

Don't go to Horseshoe to climb HS's. There'll be one or two, but they'll be awful. Horseshoe Quarry shines (a bit) at easy sport climbing. 

Post edited at 09:41
OP Urban5teve 17 Sep 2023
In reply to deacondeacon:

HS was an abbreviation for Horseshoe  not Hard Sever. 😀

OP Urban5teve 17 Sep 2023
In reply to Urban5teve:

Just wondering what rope size I need. Cheers. 

JLS 17 Sep 2023
In reply to Urban5teve:

I’ve only been once so perhaps my info should be taken with a pinch of salt. As far as I remember the main wall is pretty consistently around 20m tall. I would think you will need a 50m rope.

robert-hutton 17 Sep 2023
In reply to Urban5teve:

Main wall 20m so 50m is plentiful.

Cake 17 Sep 2023
In reply to robert-hutton:

Yes, the main wall is about 20m and other stuff is a bit shorter. My 50m had always been plenty there. There is some longer stuff on the horrible left (West) wall but no one does them

A2 Rupture 17 Sep 2023
In reply to Urban5teve:

Excavator is around 32m - you'll need a 70m rope (I think 16 quickdraws but don't quote me on that)

TobyA 17 Sep 2023
In reply to A2 Rupture:

Yep, although lots of folk do those routes as two pitches. But do them on a 70 and the length almost makes up for the "not very goodness" of them!

TobyA 17 Sep 2023
In reply to Urban5teve:

Here's my 70 mtrs rope after lowering off Neanderthal (5a), so I reckon that's the longest. You can try counting the quickdraws - can't remember how many it was but quite a few! Have fun.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...