UKC

NEWS: Dave Macleod Climbs Another 8c+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 09 Feb 2007
Dave Macleod confirms Rhapsody at 8c+ as he repeats a Spanish testpiece at Siurana.

Full story.... http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 Oli 09 Feb 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: Can't be long before he bags a F9a now?
 aphex 10 Feb 2007
In reply to Oli: why? imagine doing your hardest redpoint, its not like hes consolidated the grade. when your at your limit theres a massive difference beetween grades
 Oli 10 Feb 2007
In reply to aphex: Well no, but it says in his blog that he is psyched to train hard and have a go. He has been on form as well, so if he finds a route that suits his style its not really impossible.
 Piklu 10 Feb 2007
In reply to Oli: He is a legend! no squares about it! =)
Removed User 10 Feb 2007
In reply to Oli:
> (In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com) Can't be long before he bags a F9a now?

"I think that I have the motivation and possibly the resources to hand to work towards 9a. I am under no illusion that it will take some very significant changes in my habits to make it happen...."

He seems to think he'll have to try harder......!
 Mick Ward 10 Feb 2007
In reply to Removed User:

Won't we all...

Mick
OP Michael Ryan 11 Feb 2007
In reply to Removed User:
> (In reply to Removed UserOli)
> [...]
>
>
> "I think that I have the motivation and possibly the resources to hand to work towards 9a. I am under no illusion that it will take some very significant changes in my habits to make it happen...."
>
> He seems to think he'll have to try harder......!

Perhaps think harder is more appropriate.

M

some overseas pedant 11 Feb 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

Since his hardest sport route before was 8c and since the grade of Rhapsody is E11 7a, not 8c+ (it's not bolted) wouldn't it be more accurate to say "climbs his first 8c+" in the headline instead of "another 8c+"?
Anonymous 11 Feb 2007
In reply to some overseas pedant:

Not really no, Rhapsody is 8c+ in french grades and E11 in English. He gave it both grades. Would you also say that there are no 8c+'s in america, only 5.14d's? No, that would be stupid.
 Al Evans 11 Feb 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com: I am working that 9a+ at Siurana, so far I have got to the first bolt.
some overseas pedant 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Anonymous:

So if he did Indian Face you'd say "Dave McLeod does another 7b+" then?
 Dave C 19 Feb 2007
In reply to some overseas pedant: Errr, this piece was about him repeating an 8c+ route in Spain so what is your problem? His use of the word "another"?
 GDes 19 Feb 2007
In reply to some overseas pedant: for gods sake! just because a routes not got bolts in doesnt mean you cant give it a french grade! Why dont people get that? the british grading system isn't the be all and end all
 beardy mike 19 Feb 2007
In reply to Al Evans: I'm right behind you Al. Give me a date for the ascent and I'll hold the ropes and maybe have a go myself. Right after I climb the Rasp, Right Eliminate and the North Wall of the Eiger.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...