UKC

BMC Peak Area meeting - Wednesday 17th February 2010

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TN 16 Jan 2010
The next BMC Peak Area meeting will be held on 17th February at The Grouse Inn, Longshaw (near Froggatt, just to avoid any confusion. ) from 7.30pm

Minutes from the previous meeting/AGM and agenda to follow very soon.

TRUDI

Future meeting dates for 2010, in case you missed them, are 14th April, 9th June, 15th September, 24th November
 Simon 18 Jan 2010
In reply to TN:

Nice one - Pub in Sheffield or The Grouse - same turn out I'd guess?

Is this meeting needing any cover for Secretary or Chair - I forget!

Cheers

Si
 Chris the Tall 18 Jan 2010
In reply to Simon:
I might have to cover for Matt as he might be late - doing a Best of Shaff somewhere

However it's a good time to remind people that Matt, Trudi and myself will all be stepping down from our respective posts at the end of the year - so thats Chair, Secretary and one National Council Rep to be replaced.
 Simon 18 Jan 2010
In reply to Chris the Tall:
> (In reply to Simon)
> I might have to cover for Matt as he might be late - doing a Best of Shaff somewhere
>
> However it's a good time to remind people that Matt, Trudi and myself will all be stepping down from our respective posts at the end of the year - so thats Chair, Secretary and one National Council Rep to be replaced.

*gulp* it nudges ever closer!

;0)
 Lurkio 18 Jan 2010
In reply to TN:

I've been hoping to find some minutes of the previous meeting/AGM. Was a new AYC elected?
 Chris the Tall 18 Jan 2010
In reply to Lurkio:
> (In reply to TN)
> Was a new AYC elected?

Don't think so, don't think we've had any volunteers for a couple of years

Interested ?

OP TN 19 Jan 2010
In reply to Lurkio:

I'm sorry, minutes will be available soon - I have found myself unexpectedly away from home...
OP TN 20 Jan 2010
In reply to TN:

DUE TO UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES THE MEETING WILL NOT BE TAKING PLACE AT THE GROUSE ON 17TH FEB.

New venue and/or date will be advised as soon as I can get something sorted out.

Sorry for any confusion. Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible...
In reply to TN: Can you add the BMC area meetings to the Events diary please Trudi?
- http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/events.html

Thanks!
OP TN 20 Jan 2010
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

Will do, once the venue is confirmed.
 Ropeboy 20 Jan 2010
In reply to TN:

Have you seen this? Are you aware of it? It's terrible news and somebody should probably go.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=390885

J
In reply to TN: What's happening with this meeting???
OP TN 20 Jan 2010
In reply to BlakeyDerbyshire: Give me a chance - I got a call immediately before my previous post to say the venue I had booked were now unable to accommodate us on that date. I am working on finding a suitable venue and I will advise as soon as I can.
OP TN 21 Jan 2010
In reply to TN:

The meeting will now take place at The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow Road, 2 Ringinglow Village, Sheffield S11 7TS
Same date/time, only the venue has changed.

Map here: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=S11+7TS+&countryCode=GB

Lurkio 22 Jan 2010
In reply to TN:

I might actually be able to make that!
 Simon 01 Feb 2010
In reply to TN:
> (In reply to TN)
>
> The meeting will now take place at The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow Road, 2 Ringinglow Village, Sheffield S11 7TS
> Same date/time, only the venue has changed.
>
> Map here: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=S11+7TS+&countryCode=GB

Bump
 jfw 12 Feb 2010
I received a BMC email about the venue from Martin- but the email DIDN'T specify the date - it might be worth a re-send.
Martin Kocsis, BMC 15 Feb 2010
In reply to jfw: The email contained a link to the latest (excellent) Peak Area Newsletter. The front page of the newsletter contains all the informtion about the meeting you could ever wish for. It might be worth a read!
 Simon 15 Feb 2010
In reply to jfw:

17th February from 7.30pm

Norfolk Arms

Ringinglow
 Simon 16 Feb 2010
In reply to Martin Kocsis, BMC:

bump
In reply to Simon:

Unfortunately will not be able to attend,

Ross Burnage
 Castleman 16 Feb 2010
In reply to TN:

Too far north unfortunately. Apologies.
OP TN 16 Feb 2010
In reply to TN:

For anyone who missed the change of venue, he meeting will now take place at The Norfolk Arms, Ringinglow Road, 2 Ringinglow Village, Sheffield S11 7TS
Same date/time, only the venue has changed.

Map here: http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=S11+7TS+&countryCode=GB

Promises to be an interesting meeting with an update from the developers of the proposed plans at Staden Quarry, an important access update from Henry, an update on the Better Bolts 2010 project and other access updates - and any other updates/queries that are raised. Remember, if you have AOB to raise, would you let me know as soon as possible, so I can factor it in for timing.
Afterwards, there will be chips and sandwiches and some short climbing films.

Hope to see you there.
 Offwidth 17 Feb 2010
In reply to TN:

I'm sure we'll need a few mins for news on the BMC guidebooks.

Steve
 Simon 17 Feb 2010
In reply to Offwidth:

AOB - Ice Climbing on Natural & quarried grit
 CarolineMc 17 Feb 2010
In reply to Simon: Apologies from me, won't be able to make it after all. Catch you next time. C-:
OP TN 17 Feb 2010
In reply to TN:

I don't suppose anyone attending tonight has access to a portable projector screen, do they? And if so, could we possibly borrow it?

The arrangement we had has fallen through at the last minute and I am struggling to source one at short notice.

Thanks.

TRUDI
 dpmUK 17 Feb 2010
In reply to TN:

My apologies as well as I'm not going to be bale to make this either. Still aren't receiving Peak area e-mails and rarely check UKC so found out about this too late.
OP TN 17 Feb 2010
In reply to dpmUK:

Sorry you didn't receive the email - it certainly went out and reached at least some of the recipients.
Would you mail me through my profile, give me your email address and I will check you are on the list (I had some problems with my mailing list and had to rebuild it.)

Also, can you check your email spam settings/folder and see whether my emails are being held in there? (The most recent email sent out was 21/2/10 at about 16:10)
 Lurkio 17 Feb 2010
In reply to TN:

Getting a bit late now, but I have a projector screen I could bring. I'll assume you still want it unless I hear otherwise.

Cheers,
Tim

07802 197676

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...