UKC

Marciaga (Lake Garda)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Hudson 31 Aug 2010
Anyone climbed at Marciaga near Lake Garda and if so whats it like for grades 4-6A
 Chris the Tall 31 Aug 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson:
Only had a brief visit there, but I thought it was pretty good, with loads of routes in the lower grades, and not particularly polished. Would have liked a bit longer there, but we had a plane to catch (and only just made it!)

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=1934
In reply to Andy Hudson: Likewise, we enjoyed a visit. It was set in a lovely rural spot and my wife and i were the only ones there. In 2003 it had nothing like the polish on crags closer to Arco. I think there were many more routes than listed on here too though some of them were harder.
 Crofty 31 Aug 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: Yes, Its good at those grades, I found a topo on line somewhere, bit of searching and it might still be there. Crofty
 icnoble 31 Aug 2010
In reply to Andy Hudson: My wife and I have on several occasions and will be doing so again in a couple of weeks.

It is a brilliant crag
 Null 01 Sep 2010
In reply to icnoble:

(hello icnoble)

I agree too - very nice crag for what you want. You might also cast an eye over Regina del Lago in the new Arco outcrops guide. Close to Riva and I would say even better than Marciaga with the same kind of grades.
Both are south facing so you will cook during the summer, but mid season and even winter are great.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...