UKC

THE LOWDOWN: VIDEO & INTERVIEW: Dai Koyamada on TSOTW low, 8C+

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dai Koyamada on The Story of two worlds, Cresciano, Switzerland, 3 kbWhen I heard, a couple of weeks ago, that the video of Dai Koyamada's first ascent of The story of two worlds low start*, 8C+, was going to be out 10 June, I decided to ask him a few questions.
*According to Dai this is the most logical and lowest possible start to the line. Dai thought he had...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67179
 Keendan 10 Jun 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Great video, amazing climbing
 justin c 11 Jun 2012

i love how much it meant to him on finally completing the problem , he actually nearly burst out crying before topping it out ! meant a lot ! 2 years on a project god i get pissed off after 2 go's !
lol
Looks a little on the powerful side to me so i will stick to the slabs ,,,,
 JH74 11 Jun 2012

Go Dai! Shame on the doubters!!

His new start looks good. Will everyone (can't be too many) who's already done it now come and try this? Possibly not...
 EZ 11 Jun 2012

Part way through I was wondering why the longggggg drawwwwn out video for one problem and by the top out I really had a sense of the strange and unfamiliar place that he must have found on top.

Very oddly enjoyable and kudos for the dedication.
 catt 11 Jun 2012

Fantastic stuff, brilliant wee story.
 Robert Durran 12 Jun 2012

Wow. That video almost, for a brief moment, made me want to go bouldering. Not quite though. Awesome stuff.

JLS 12 Jun 2012

Great video. Inspiring to see what can be achieved.
Sircumfrins 12 Jun 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Incredible footage...goose bumps when he broke down at the end. Reminds me of how I felt when I finally did my first 8A.
Keep crushing Dai!
 Elrond 12 Jun 2012

Amazing vid! Really inspiring stuff!

Just out of interest, anyone know what shoes he was wearing?
 EZ 13 Jun 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:

In 2011 he apparently wasn't sponsored by evolve. He's got madrocks on.
 nick bamber 13 Jun 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Excellent film portraying the journey of emotions that Dai felt through the project, fitting finish, "I did it because I tried hard" now thats a mantra even I can remember!
 Elrond 14 Jun 2012
In reply to EZ:

But it shows them as Evolvs, and they looked just like Evolvs? Or am I mistaken here? At then end it showed shoes that looked like Shamans except covered totally in rubber, were they unique?
 nigel pearson 15 Jun 2012
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: great video of the strange obsession that is climbing.
 Niels 16 Jun 2012
In reply to Hazelnuts:
> (In reply to EZ)
>
> But it shows them as Evolvs, and they looked just like Evolvs? Or am I mistaken here? At then end it showed shoes that looked like Shamans except covered totally in rubber, were they unique?

"Right now we are developing a model with my idea. I'm excited about how it'll come out."

Maybe we just got our first preview?
 Elrond 16 Jun 2012
In reply to Niels:

Oh yeah that makes sense..

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...