UKC

crag search by grade?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 beccafrench 26 Jun 2012
Was wondering if anyone knows of anywhere that you can search for crags based on the grades available at each crag. Im currently leading upto severe and looking for new places to climb however most places i look at seem to be mainly higher grades.
 Jon Stewart 26 Jun 2012
In reply to beccafrench:

The rockfax database is helpful - pick an area like Cornwall or Eastern Grit, and the crags all appear on one page with a little chart showing the rough grade range.

http://www.rockfax.com/databases/

Then you can check out individual crags and routes.
In reply to Jon Stewart: You can also use the Advanced search page to find routes between certain grades - e.g., 1 star and above, Vdiff to Severe, etc.
OP beccafrench 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Do you happen to know if there is something similar for crags in scotland as rockfax only do the deep water solo book for scotland?
OP beccafrench 28 Jun 2012
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

On which website??? when i click advance search on ukclimbing i get the options of rocktype, which way the crag is facing, and weather but nothing about grades
 Si dH 28 Jun 2012
In reply to beccafrench: he means the rockfax website.
 oliverk 29 Jun 2012
In reply to beccafrench:

How about Dunkeld? Just north of Perth, a reasonable selection of routes at V Diff and Severe to go at, if it ever stops raining.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=35
 Stuart S 29 Jun 2012
In reply to beccafrench:

Not sure whereabouts in Scotland you are, but there are some good, friendly low-grade crags on the northeast coast that you might be interested in. South of Aberdeen, there's Souter Head, Deceptive Wall and Black Rock Gulch. North of Aberdeen, Meikle Partans and Greymare Slabs are both good. If you can get yourself up to the northwest, Reiff has loads to go at, and Glen Nevis also has enough to make a trip worthwhile. Have a look at the UKC logbook pages for each of these and see what you think.
 Offwidth 30 Jun 2012
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC:

You really need to add the search to UKC. Rockfax coverage is a lot more limited and the info on Rockfax UK areas is often better on UKC.
OP beccafrench 30 Jun 2012
In reply to Stuart S:
Im currently based near dunoon, argyll. I have climbed most routes within my grade at both the quadrocks and neilston quarry. i have also climbed at the whangie, rosyth quarry and hawkcraig. Ideally looking for somewhere to climb within a 2hour drive but as i stated before struggling to find crags with easier grades

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...