UKC

NEWS: VIDEO: Jason Kruk - Squamish

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 20 Aug 2012
Jason Kruk - "Genius Loci", 4 kbComing up on UKClimbing from Alias Cinema is a four part video series "This Way", profiling Arc'teryx Athletes Jason Kruk, Will Stanhope, Jon Walsh and Will Gadd.

Here we have Episode 1 - Squamish - Genius Loci, featuring Jason Kruk and Squamish pioneer Hamish Fraser.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=67358

Tom Briggs 20 Aug 2012
 jon 20 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant! What an ace looking route. Hamish Fraser must have been a force to reckon with. A sort of Canadian Bachar... Bachar/Yerian?
 goli 20 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: That starting slab looked intense!
 henwardian 20 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News: Looks like a lovely line with lots of great climbing. I think the video could do with less, lets be honest, a bit pretentious, lead in and more video of the route though.
 Lil_Pete 20 Aug 2012
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome video!

(Was waiting for him to shit himself all the way through, though )
 Wft 21 Aug 2012
In reply to henwardian: I disagree about the opening, it gives an emotional context to the film which is woefully lacking in a lot of others. I found it more interesting than most talking head intros (Im 22, super psyched etc etc
)

How did they film the initial slab? toy helicopter like Mammut? impressive
 TobyA 21 Aug 2012
In reply to GuyVG:

> How did they film the initial slab? toy helicopter like Mammut? impressive

That's what I thought, but read somewhere it was some sort of boom used. This is some ice climbing footage shot from an RC helicopter vimeo.com/22506978

davecpearson 21 Aug 2012
In reply to TobyA:

The slab scenes were shot with the Sea to Sky Cable Cam setup in a vertical mode. Check it out at www.seatoskycam.com

Here's the demo reel:
vimeo.com/44619341
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant. Look forward to the rest of the series.

jcm
In reply to UKC News:

Anyone else had problems playing this video?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...