UKC

Mountain Leader Training Opinions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 razzorbuzz 25 Sep 2012

I'm just wondering what the general consensus is when it comes to ML courses etc is the general belief that PYB off the best course's/value for money or is there anywhere else/alternatives that people would recommend

Billhook 25 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz:

I'd guess that some of it is in the name in the same way oxbridge universities are seen to be better than others. Also being a large organisation you might assume they are well organised too and run to acceptable standards.
I certainly went to PYB for my ML assessment for that very reason - but I admit someone else was paying for it.
 StuLade 25 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz: PYB offer the courses with food and accommodation. There are lot's of other providers in North Wales who you just pay the course fee and arrange your own food and accommodation which is probably much cheaper to do. Phill George and Andy Newton always seem to get really good feedback from people I chat to that have done it with them.
 Mark Kemball 25 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz: Did my ML training at PYB - very happy with the course.
 Cuthbert 25 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz:

Glenmore Lodge offer excellent courses in a stunning setting with mountains that provide great navigational challenges. It's good.
 spider27 25 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz:

Did my ML assessment last month with Phil George, highly recommended. The days not on the hills start at Pete's eats. Get yourself in the bunkhouse upstairs and your in a really good spot.

widdy02 27 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz: try blue peris in north wales i have used it several times and so have others i know, its a great relaxed place to learn and the staff they use are really friendly and helpful. good luck
OP razzorbuzz 27 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz: Cheers guys, much appreciated.
 Neil Pratt 27 Sep 2012
In reply to razzorbuzz:

Hoping that Glenmore are bloody excellent as I'm booked on a course there in the near future

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...