UKC

Green Gully Ben Nevis Condition?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 YorksClimb67 14 Mar 2013
Heading to Ben Nevis this Friday to climb Green Gully and Comb Gully Sat/Sun anyone climbed this week? Condition?
 manwithacam 14 Mar 2013
In reply to YorksClimb67: up there at mo, climbed on Ben yesterday, not done gg but heard it in easy condition, very stepped. Ben good in general but some weather coming in today so all could change.
 andyinglis 14 Mar 2013
In reply to YorksClimb67: Soloed it yesterday. Very easy stepped out conditon. Not much swinging of the axe required.

Cheers
 neil the weak 14 Mar 2013
In reply to YorksClimb67: They'll both be in amazing condition. Unless you were hoping for them to be hard, in which case you might find them a slight let down in difficulty. If you do Comb first, it's very possible to do both in a day by then decending Number 4 and cutting over to Green afterwards.
 Captain Solo 14 Mar 2013
In reply to neil the weak: Just bear in mind although there will be good neve and ice underneath forecast is for snow overnight on SW winds.
 neil the weak 14 Mar 2013
In reply to Captain Solo: Fair point, but I'm not even going to begin to try and do avalanche saftey assesments for other people for future conditions. In the descent gully we came down earlier this week, I spent a while picking my way carefully round deepening deposits of fresh windblown snow which were rapidly building on top of the old layer (having considerd abbing a section to get past the worst of it). When we came back after a second route to descend the same gully another team had just plodded straight through the very worst section we were avoiding so carefully. These things can change so locally and rapidly I think you just let other people make their own decisions as to what feels safe or not...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...