UKC

Kinder Downfall

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 threepeaks 22 Nov 2015
The frost light came on in the car this morning. It must be time for this:

youtube.com/watch?v=zGq-3TlswZs&

AlisonSmiles 22 Nov 2015
In reply to threepeaks:

I was thinking it's about time for the "is it in?" thread. Good effort.

and in UKC tradition:

No, it's not.
 Sean Kelly 22 Nov 2015
In reply to threepeaks:

Love it!
 Brass Nipples 22 Nov 2015
In reply to threepeaks:

Yes it is, climbed it before sunrise yesterday

olddirtydoggy 22 Nov 2015
In reply to threepeaks:

It was in so briefly last winter for a couple of days in Feb. We dashed back up on the sunday to hit it and the sun came up so hot there was steam coming off the rocks, it was like a f**king heat wave. The fall was pissing water and huge chunks were breaking away and crashing to the bottom in slow motion. I've never seen conditions change to such extremes in 24 hours.
 nation1 22 Nov 2015
In reply to threepeaks:

Ha ha very good ! I climbed it on 5th Feb this year, we may have been the last pair to have climbed it before it melted away the following day? We started climbing about midnight, it wasn't that cold if I remember rightly and it looked on its last legs!

We had to wait about an hour before the persons in front of us hacked the living shit out of what Ice was left, they only got a couple of metres above the ground and said to us "you will never get up there lads" their tactics were shocking, anyway we climbed it and had a cracking night out.

Let's see what this winter brings !
 rocksol 23 Nov 2015
In reply to nation1:

If we ever get a proper winter forget Kinder Downfall, try Priestcliffe quarry icicle, or Waterfall Swallet at Foolow
 Dan Arkle 23 Nov 2015
In reply to rocksol:

Has anyone done priest cliff icicle in recent years? I've never seen it anywhere near in condition.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...