UKC

Etive Slabs dry for this weekend?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 MrRiley 16 Mar 2016
Has anyone seen the Etive Slabs in the last day or two? How are the seeps looking? Wondering if its worth a punt at the weekend. Spartan dries relatively quick I think but having done it a couple of times would be looking at The Pause and Hammer. Thanks in advance

Dave
 DannyC 16 Mar 2016
In reply to MrRiley:
***Not been there but....***

I'd be tempted to give it a go, but in the knowledge that some routes are likely to be ming. I've been there fairly shortly after rain and had to mix and match pitches a bit to avoid black sludge, but it wasn't difficult and still took in great climbing.

Ardnamurchan is always worth the drive too.

D.
Post edited at 10:02
OP MrRiley 16 Mar 2016
In reply to DannyC:

Thanks Danny, I am very tempted! Ardnamurchan is somewhere I've wanted to climb for a while, but quite the drive from Aberdeen...

Cheers,
Dave
 DannyC 16 Mar 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

Thinking about it, I did the Hammer (in the hail!) and Spartan Slab two years ago in late February, after two or three dry days. Both were fine, if that helps.

D.
OP MrRiley 16 Mar 2016
In reply to DannyC:

Great stuff, that gives me some hope! Thanks
 buffalo606 16 Mar 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

Hasn't rained for a while now but seem to remember a previous thread about potential snow melt above??
 Mike-W-99 16 Mar 2016
In reply to MrRiley:
We once turned up after a week of dry weather to find the crag absolutely sopping. We think it was because of very low cloud that decided to come in that morning.
Post edited at 19:26
 Michael Gordon 18 Mar 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

I would give it a go. Does depend on possible snow melt from above but would suspect very little snow anyway on south face of Trillechean and will have been dry for 5 or 6 days
 Captain Solo 18 Mar 2016
In reply to Michael Gordon:
Spoke to someone at poll dubh yesterday who said they did the long reach on wed with some weeps higher up.
 joe.91 21 Mar 2016
In reply to MrRiley:

How'd it go Dave, I was thinking about going up but the house move and illness proved too much

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...