UKC

NEWS: Achemine, E9 6c by Barbara Zangerl

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 06 May 2016
Babsi Zangerl getting some serious airtime off Achemine, E9 6c, Dumbarton Rock, 6 kbBabsi Zangerl has repeated Scotland's first E9, Dave MacLeod's Achemine, E9 6c, at Dumbarton Rock. Dave made the first ascent in 2001 and as far as I can tell, this was the first repeat!

From Babsi's instagram: After two big falls I was on the way to the top of Achemine. I think it is the...

Read more
 diff 06 May 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Excellent news, great to see this route get a 2nd.
Interesting that both Rhapsody and now Achemine received their 2nd ascents by visiting foreign climbers ( and by foreign, I don't just mean up from Sheffield!).
 Andy Moles 06 May 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Awesome, about time something as accessible and frequently in condition as Achemine got a repeat.

I wonder if anyone's given any attention to 'Direquiem', which gains the top of Rhapsody from higher on Requiem? We need a Brit on it to see if we've got another E10 or just another measly E9.
 peterjroy 06 May 2016
In reply to Andy Moles:

Witnessed this last night at Dumby. A truly impressive, controlled bit of climbing and glad they got some decent weather at last.
 Robert Durran 06 May 2016
In reply to Andy Moles:

> I wonder if anyone's given any attention to 'Direquiem', which gains the top of Rhapsody from higher on Requiem?

The next variation should probably be called Te Deum.
 Andy Moles 06 May 2016
In reply to Robert Durran:

Quite clever.

How dare you.
 Robert Durran 06 May 2016
In reply to Andy Moles:

> Quite clever.

Thanks. Maybe not the best ever Latin church music joke, but I was quite pleased with it. Though not with the inevitable b****** who "disliked" it.
 Fraser 07 May 2016

> Thanks. Maybe not the best ever Latin church music joke...

I can honestly say it was the best one I've ever heard.

Robert Durran 07 May 2016
> Though not with the inevitable b****** who "disliked" it.

And you two (probably more by now) too.

Edit: Six
Post edited at 11:02
In reply to Fraser:

> I can honestly say it was the best one I've ever heard.

The only one?
 Fraser 07 May 2016

Don't spoil the praise!
In reply to Fraser:

> Don't spoil the praise!

Songs of Praise?
 Michael Gordon 08 May 2016
In reply to Andy Moles:

>
> I wonder if anyone's given any attention to 'Direquiem', which gains the top of Rhapsody from higher on Requiem? We need a Brit on it to see if we've got another E10 or just another measly E9.

Not really a route though is it?
 Michael Gordon 08 May 2016
In reply to UKC News:

Brilliant stuff. Great to see this route get some attention, long overdue!
 Andy Moles 08 May 2016
In reply to Michael Gordon:

> Not really a route though is it?

Why not? I thought Sonnie Trotter implied it was a more natural 'direct' finish to Requiem than Rhapsody.
 Michael Gordon 09 May 2016
In reply to Andy Moles:

So it's a variation (taking in precious little new ground).
 Andy Moles 09 May 2016
In reply to Michael Gordon:

Sometimes variations end up superseding their parent route. Not that that's likely to happen here, given the status of Rhapsody, but just because something was done later shouldn't diminish it, especially if it's a more logical line and a worthy climb in its own right. Whether that's actually the case with Direquiem, I've no idea.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...