UKC

INTERVIEW: Predator 8b For Maddy Cope

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 31 May 2016
Maddy training in Barcelona, 3 kbTwenty-five year old Madeleine Cope has recently redpointed the classic 8b Predator. Particularly impressive is that Maddy is still recovering from a dislocated shoulder.

UKC caught up with this hard climbing, hard partying queen of Malham to find out more about subluxing, redpointing and future big-walling...

Read more

astley007 31 May 2016
In reply to UKC News:
Hi Jack,
We all love a good report, and what Maddy as done is very impressive, and deserves a report, however dont spoil it with this....

"Particularly impressive is that Madeleine, known as Maddy to her friends, is still recovering from a subluxed (dislocated) shoulder back in the winter."
A sublux is not a dislocation..with totally different management...dont try to spin something it is not!!!!..impressive is impressive...what next?
"I wallked up Mount Snowdon with a sprained ankle that could have been a fracture"
"Climber with headache manages 3 pebble slab, and states it must be E1 without anadin"
Cheers
Nick B
 galpinos 31 May 2016
In reply to astley007:

Well, it is a partial dislocation so not a million miles out.
astley007 31 May 2016
In reply to galpinos:

Not a million miles out, not even thousands,..we talking mm's..but its a sublux..not a dislocation!!..so clincially different...I only have a partial fracture cos its not all the way through..oh! I only have partial cancer cos its only in one lung!!
Have seen predator and people on it...and its now way out of my league, and its impressive to do in its own right..but the "spin" is poor!!!!!!
Not a good sell
Cheers
 Wft 31 May 2016
In reply to astley007:

are you ok?

pebbles 31 May 2016
In reply to astley007:

Oh cmon. its a brief one liner in a report, the gist of which is "impressive work, specially with an injury ". come on, don't be so grudging!
 olliee 31 May 2016
In reply to Wood for Trees:

> are you ok?

Skyfall 31 May 2016
In reply to astley007:

that was one of the weirdest rants on UKC i've seen... just sayin'
 Steve Crowe Global Crag Moderator 01 Jun 2016
In reply to UKC News:
What is it with that house and shoulder issues? We deserve to know more!

Great tick Maddy.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...