UKC

NEWS: FRI NIGHT VID: The Goûter Route, Mont Blanc

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 04 Nov 2016
The Gouter Ridge, 3 kbThis weeks Friday Night Video is from David Linnett, who has documented his ascent of the Goûter Route on Mont Blanc. 

Here's what David told us:

A short video made on a recent Summer trip to Chamonix in the French Alps of an ascent up the Goûter Route on...

Read more
 brianjcooper 04 Nov 2016
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Another brilliant video. it brought back wonderful memories of when we did it. Still counts as my most memorable mountain experience. Two, alone, arriving at the summit just as the sun was coming up plus a Brocken Spectre.

Thanks Dave.
 BALD EAGLE 04 Nov 2016
In reply to brianjcooper:

> Another brilliant video. it brought back wonderful memories of when we did it. Still counts as my most memorable mountain experience. Two, alone, arriving at the summit just as the sun was coming up plus a Brocken Spectre.

> Thanks Dave.

Thanks a million Brian and I'm glad it evoked some happy memories for you! A rare brocken spectre for you as well, what a treat! Cheers Dave
 sjminfife 04 Nov 2016

Brilliant, an evening ascent from the security of my arm chair.
 BusyLizzie 04 Nov 2016

Well done! Very inspiring - the smile at the summit said it all!
 Bobling 05 Nov 2016

Lovely. Thanks Dave, particularly enjoyed the music on this one - though maybe it just suits my mood at two in the morning : )
 ericinbristol 05 Nov 2016

Really enjoyable as always. Shows how simplicity can be great. Many thanks
 sg 05 Nov 2016

Yes, great again; lovely film. Shame you didn't lug the drone up there all the same!
 BALD EAGLE 05 Nov 2016
In reply to sjminfife:

> Brilliant, an evening ascent from the security of my arm chair.

Ha ha thanks sjm and absolutely the best sort of ascent from the comfort of an armchair with drink in hand... Cheers Dave
 BALD EAGLE 05 Nov 2016
In reply to ericinbristol, Busy Lizzie and bobling

> Really enjoyable as always. Shows how simplicity can be great. Many thanks

Thanks a million guys for your kind words as it makes the loooong hours of editing worthwhile. Glad you enjoyed the video plus the music and I thought it suited the mood of the film quite well! Cheers Dave

pneame 05 Nov 2016

Another gem - the Gouter route gets a lot of rubbishing on here but you capture the facts that
1) It is worth doing
2) It's not THAT crowded
3) It's not "an easy day for a lady"
4) You don't die from rocks hitting you

Lovely vid. What great views indeed!
 olddirtydoggy 05 Nov 2016

As soon as I saw the feature I knew it was going to be great. This one is quite simple without the drone but the vbid was entertaining anyway. Really love your stuff, always gives us a kick to plan more trips.
 BALD EAGLE 05 Nov 2016
In reply to sg:

> Yes, great again; lovely film. Shame you didn't lug the drone up there all the same!

Ha ha thanks sg I had enough on my plate getting myself to summit without carting up Arnie the Drone! Remarkably the wind was so light he could have had a quick fly around though... Cheers Dave
 BALD EAGLE 05 Nov 2016
In reply to pneame:

> Another gem - the Gouter route gets a lot of rubbishing on here but you capture the facts that

> 1) It is worth doing

> 2) It's not THAT crowded

> 3) It's not "an easy day for a lady"

> 4) You don't die from rocks hitting you

> Lovely vid. What great views indeed!

Thanks a million for the kind words pneame and it is muchly appreciated! And yep the Gouter is well worth doing, especially for the views and the mighty fine Bosses Ridge, but it is a looooong way to the summit from the Tete Rousse hut... Cheers Dave

BALD EAGLE 05 Nov 2016
In reply to olddirtydoggy:

> As soon as I saw the feature I knew it was going to be great. This one is quite simple without the drone but the vbid was entertaining anyway. Really love your stuff, always gives us a kick to plan more trips.

Hey Mr Doggy and a big boffo thanks for the positive feedback! Ironically I only chucked in my camcorder at the last moment before setting off from the campsite and I'm glad I did to capture those views! Cheers Dave
 99ster 06 Nov 2016

Another gem! Great work!
 BALD EAGLE 06 Nov 2016
In reply to 99ster:

> Another gem! Great work!

Many thanks 99ster! A few more climbing vids coming soon so watch this space... Cheers Dave
 Babika 06 Nov 2016

Classic.

Great film, thanks
 BALD EAGLE 07 Nov 2016
In reply to Babika:

> Classic.

> Great film, thanks

Hi Babika and many thanks for your kind words. Happy Monday!
Cheers
Dave

Great video which really captures the Alps at their best.
Looks like a very enjoyable adventure !
Great work !
 JohnnyW 07 Nov 2016
In reply to pneame:

> Another gem - the Gouter route gets a lot of rubbishing on here but you capture the facts that

> 1) It is worth doing

> 2) It's not THAT crowded

> 3) It's not "an easy day for a lady"

> 4) You don't die from rocks hitting you

> Lovely vid. What great views indeed!

Here, here.
Another cracker from Mr.B.E.
 Gav Parker 07 Nov 2016

Fantastic video Dave also brought back fantastic memories even though I found it very very hard work at the time!!! haha
Superb......well done!
 BALD EAGLE 08 Nov 2016
In reply to I like climbing:

> Great video which really captures the Alps at their best.

> Looks like a very enjoyable adventure !

> Great work !

Many thanks ilc and I really appreciate your appreciation!
Cheers Dave
 BALD EAGLE 08 Nov 2016
In reply to JohnnyW:

> Here, here.

> Another cracker from Mr.B.E.

Cheers Johnny and happy Tuesday! Cheers Dave
 BALD EAGLE 08 Nov 2016
In reply to Gav Parker:

> Fantastic video Dave also brought back fantastic memories even though I found it very very hard work at the time!!! haha

> Superb......well done!

Hey Gav many thanks for your kind words and it sounds like you had a tough day on Lady Bianco?!
Cheers
Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...