UKC

Goggles options for specs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jmerrick21 18 Jan 2017
Heading up to Scotland to get my fill of slush.
Has anyone found a good option/alternative to goggles for glasses wearers?

Contact lenses are not an option

Any help appreciated
OP jmerrick21 18 Jan 2017
In reply to InSituJames:

Cheers. I've looked at a few similar online but I can understand how the don't squeeze your glasses into your face at the sides if they for a seal?
Have you tried these?
 Hooo 18 Jan 2017
In reply to jmerrick21:

I have some Oakley ski goggles that fit very well over my glasses. They do squeeze a little at the frame sides, but it's not a problem. It obviously depends how slim your glasses are too. I choose my frames with this in mind.
A much bigger problem with glasses under goggles is the glasses steaming up. I never found a solution and now wear contacts whenever possible.
 radar 18 Jan 2017
In reply to jmerrick21:

You really need to try OTG goggles on before buying as glasses come in all shapes and sizes. I have tried supposed OTG goggles that would only let the wearer wear only the smallest frames.

Also worth looking at MX goggles, often bigger goggle frames, and cheaper.

I have some Oakley MX goggles which I picked up for £20 on a certain well known auction site
Dane14 18 Jan 2017
In reply to jmerrick21:

Have you thought about prescription inserts?

http://www.rxsport.co.uk/categories/Prescription-Ski-Goggles/Prescription-G...

Seem to work well for skiing.
 johncook 18 Jan 2017
In reply to jmerrick21:

Go to a good shop and try on a range of goggles. Most goggle manufacturers make goggles that will fit over specs. A lot depends on the style of your specs, but I have been getting goggles to fit over my specs since huge specs were the fashion. Without my specs I would never find the slope so having goggles to go ever them is important. This is also the advantage of keeping your local retailer in business. You can make sure that what you are getting does the job you want.
 Stew1803 20 Jan 2017
In reply to jmerrick21:

Bolle make an insert for goggles, ive used them for a while and I needed to file the nose bridge to be more comfortable but they are fantastic other wise. just buy the frame (which clips into the frame of the goggles so no legs over the ears) Cost about £12 then you need to take them to the optician and have glass cut for them (I was £17 I think)
 Rob Exile Ward 20 Jan 2017
In reply to jmerrick21:

Some manufacturers e.g. Adidas manufacture goggles which can take a prescription insert and also different colour lenses. They're not cheap but they are very good quality.

There are cheaper alternatives available which are probably fine as well.

hokkyokusei 21 Jan 2017
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

I have a pair of these. Brand is adidas but I forget the actual model. Took the optician a couple of goes to get the lenses right, but they were varifocals.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...