UKC

Paul Nuttall a Shoe-in For UKIP

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 15 Feb 2017
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/14/ukip-leader-admits-claim-t...

Given how preposterous lying seems to now equate to electoral success, it looks like we're about to get another UKIP MP...
 RyanOsborne 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Bookies favour labour by a fair margin...

https://m.oddschecker.com/m/politics/british-politics/stoke-on-trent-centra...

Let's just hope they're right.
 lummox 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Remember- Walter Mitty Nuttall lost close friends at the Bowling Green Massacre #neverforgotten
 Bimble 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

#VoteForEddieHitler
 jkarran 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Did the electoral fraud allegation over Nuttal's home address get settled or is that still looming too? How have such a shambolic organisation as ukip proven so disruptive?

Lying about Hillsborough on Merseyside would be electoral death which is presumably why he's never made anything of it before and this has only cropped up now he's spreading his wings and is desperate for publicity.

Where do ukip keep finding them, they must be running out of rocks to turn over.
Jk
 lummox 15 Feb 2017
In reply to jkarran:

.Where do ukip keep finding them, they must be running out of rocks to turn over.Jk

All ex Tories.

neilh 15 Feb 2017
In reply to jkarran:

It would be in Liverpool/Merseyside area.Outside there I am not sure. Stokies will be more bothered about whether he likes oatcakes or use the phrase " alright Duck".

I just wish Labour had not selected a remain voter as their candidate. It is like a red rag to a bull in Stoke.
 Shani 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/14/ukip-leader-admits-claim-t... how preposterous lying seems to now equate to electoral success, it looks like we're about to get another UKIP MP...

I was deeply moved by his account of having to swim for a lifeboat in freezing water as Titanic slipped quietly beneath the waves. A very lucky escape.
 RyanOsborne 15 Feb 2017
In reply to lummox:

> All ex Tories.

And funded by a former tory donor.

Although they do swap back too...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/22/millionaire-ukip-donor-paul-syke...

lummox 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Shani:

Everyone remembers where they were when JFK was shot. Nuttall was in a minibus outside the Cavern with the Beatles and Freddie Starr.
 Andy Hardy 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

He apparently now wants to protect the NHS, as opposed to privatising it like he did before - presumably from the £350 mill we're not going to be sending to the EU every week...

I think Nutter stands a very good chance of winning the seat, which depresses me right to my boots
 RyanOsborne 15 Feb 2017
In reply to neilh:

> It would be in Liverpool/Merseyside area.Outside there I am not sure.

As someone who lives in Manchester, I can assure you that people outside of Liverpool and Merseyside care about it too.
 Chris the Tall 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Blatant lying, electoral fraud, EU expenses fraud etc etc aren't going to lose you any UKIP votes.

The only reason Aryan Banks is "sick to death" of Hillsborough is he doesn't want the people of Stoke to be reminded that Nuttall is a scouser
 Shani 15 Feb 2017
In reply to lummox:

And when that meteor wiped out the dinosaurs, there he was, alone shouting "Duuuuuck!" But those silly dinosaurs ignored him. How that must burden him.
 jkarran 15 Feb 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

> As someone who lives in Manchester, I can assure you that people outside of Liverpool and Merseyside care about it too.

But perhaps not quite so viscerally.

Still, it's an odd thing to decide to lie about wherever one is campaigning. Perhaps there's a grain of truth in there somewhere but a few self aggrandising embellishments and some carelessness caught on camera has left him trapped, forced to lie or admit a very toxic foolishness. He'll still have a home and life in Merseyside when this is all done so there's really not much in it for him if he were to own up to even that relatively small (theoretical, who knows what the truth is) transgression, perhaps brazening it out is his only real option.
jk
Post edited at 10:50
 Tony the Blade 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Shani:

Eve, get down from that tree! Nuttall cried.

Too late, the fall of man was complete. And all because Nuttall didn't shout louder. Wanker!
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/14/ukip-leader-admits-claim-t... how preposterous lying seems to now equate to electoral success, it looks like we're about to get another UKIP MP...

With any luck, all the toerags will be out stealing bikes instead of voting

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/paul-mason-ukip-toe-rags_uk_58a1ab27e...
 RyanOsborne 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:
What a bellend.

Mason, not you!
Post edited at 11:19
 Postmanpat 15 Feb 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

> What a bellend.Mason, not you!

Morally arrogant maybe?
 neilh 15 Feb 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

Well I live in Warrington, and yes its an issue for Liverpool.But in all reality aside from the local context...is it really that big a thing.

I would think his scouse accent in Stoke rubs people up the wrong way far more than this..definitely not a local...

Take care, duck.
 Shani 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Tony the Blade:
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters"...and Paul Nuttall turned to God and said, "It's a bit dark around here mate. You could trip over and hurt yourself. Can you do something to light it up?"
Post edited at 11:47
 JayK 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
I do not support UKIP at all (I'm also a Remainer!), but the media are blatantly loving a bit of UKIP bashing at the moment. Look at the last 3 paragraphs of this BBC article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38972214 . I haven't heard anyone planning a women's rights march against Gareth Snell? This would be a major story in its own right if the comments had been made by a UKIP MP.

Another odd decision is picking a candidate who is vocally against Brexit in a highly pro-Brexit area. It's as though Labour are actively trying to lose?
Post edited at 14:19
 Mooncat 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

He seems to have a problem with press officers, I remember a few years back some controversy about his education, I think a Phd or something. He tried to bluster his way out of it and blamed it all on a press officer when he got cornered.
 RyanOsborne 15 Feb 2017

Haha is that straight off the Daily Mash?

'the Sun revealed that he had said Deirdre from Coronation Street deserved a slap'
In reply to RyanOsborne:

Steerpike is gossip and tittle tattle, so nothing surprising about dredging up embarrassing quotes from quality sources such as the Sun
 The New NickB 15 Feb 2017
In reply to JayK:

Why would any women march against Gareth Snell?

Those Twitter comments are pretty innocuous, whilst they might suggest he is a moron, they don't suggest he is sexist.

Being a moron is rarely a barrier to a successful political career.
 Shani 15 Feb 2017
In reply to The New NickB:

He's 'going viral': https://twitter.com/hashtag/askpaulnuttall
In reply to Shani:

Love the Bayeux tapestry!
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

A bit off topic and a little old, but this is the best Paul Nuttall stuff I've heard. The Hugenot part is genius!

youtube.com/watch?v=6KVO378tjsw&
OP Yanis Nayu 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Shani:

#askpaulnuttall will you ever consider privatizing yourself since you're publicly being owned right now?

#AskPaulNuttall if you are alone in a forest and say something and nobody else hears, is it still a lie?

Loved the Iranian Embassy one.

If he wins I'm emigrating.
 mark s 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I think some ukip loving daily mail reader has been going through these messages and unliking them
 RyanOsborne 15 Feb 2017
In reply to mark s:

> I think some ukip loving daily mail reader has been going through these messages and unliking them

Sounds like the work of bigsummopat.
 Big Ger 15 Feb 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

> Sounds like the work of bigsummopat.

Just for the record, I didn't open this thread until after you posted that.

But your snide jibe is on par with the level of debate in this thread, so well done. Have a like
 Postmanpat 15 Feb 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Agreed! Have a like
 Big Ger 16 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> If he wins I'm emigrating.

You'll say anything just to cheer us up won't you?

Where to BTW?

BnB 16 Feb 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

> Sounds like the work of bigsummopat.

Showing some real moral authority there, Ryan. Can I be in your gang?

The likes aren't your fault, I guess, but they do vividly recall the school playground. Am I right to imagine, from your often intelligent contributions, that you are at least a little conflicted over this?
 lummox 16 Feb 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

The thread isn't a debate. It's about Nuttall being a lying skid mark.

Sorry, I meant Dr. Nuttall.
 Big Ger 16 Feb 2017
In reply to lummox:

> The thread isn't a debate. It's about Nuttall being a lying skid mark.

My apologies,. If you wish I 'll bow out and let the intelligentsia here exercise their remarkable cognitive skills in doing that then, shall I?
 lummox 16 Feb 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

Do what you like buttercup.
 Shani 16 Feb 2017
In reply to BnB:

> The likes aren't your fault, I guess, but they do vividly recall the school playground.

You mention the playground with regard to ad-hominen, with a degree of regularity. Break-time in your schooling years must have left a strong impression upon you.
 Big Ger 16 Feb 2017
In reply to lummox:

Ok then, just for you

youtube.com/watch?v=iol0B-clFFM&
 RyanOsborne 16 Feb 2017
In reply to BnB:

Not really, it was actually quite lighthearted when I wrote it, not the 'snide jibe' that Big Ger took it as.

Besides, the right seem to quite happily poke fun at the left (Ger's references to the Hampstead wine bars for example) so I think it's fine to give a little back

Phil79 16 Feb 2017
In reply to Bimble:

> #VoteForEddieHitler

The resemblance is uncanny!
 BnB 16 Feb 2017
In reply to Shani:

> You mention the playground with regard to ad-hominen, with a degree of regularity. Break-time in your schooling years must have left a strong impression upon you.

I'm sure they did on many of us. It's disappointing to encounter in my middle age though. I'll continue to call it when I see it.
 BnB 16 Feb 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

> Not really, it was actually quite lighthearted when I wrote it, not the 'snide jibe' that Big Ger took it as. Besides, the right seem to quite happily poke fun at the left (Ger's references to the Hampstead wine bars for example) so I think it's fine to give a little back

It is fine. But I'm sure you recognise the difference between a "humorous" (sp?) stereotype and a personal attack.
 The New NickB 16 Feb 2017
In reply to BnB:

Let's stop the squabbling, I think we all know Paul Nuttall is the disliker, UKC was actually his idea and he has onsite soloed the Indian Face.
 BnB 16 Feb 2017

> Let's stop the squabbling, I think we all know Paul Nuttall is the disliker, UKC was actually his idea and he has onsite soloed the Indian Face.

Like!!
 lummox 16 Feb 2017

In his approach shoes.
In reply to lummox:

Apparently Muslim voters will go to hell if they vote for anyone other than Gareth Snell according to labour activist Navid Hussain . If you already live in Stoke, how much worse can hell be?
 Shani 16 Feb 2017
In reply to BnB:

> I'm sure they did on many of us. It's disappointing to encounter in my middle age though. I'll continue to call it when I see it.

Not sure I recall you thusly calling out use of the term 'snowflake' by UKC's resident right-wingers on threads you have been a part of.... I could be wrong.
 RyanOsborne 16 Feb 2017

> Apparently Muslim voters will go to hell if they vote for anyone other than Gareth Snell according to labour activist Navid Hussain . If you already live in Stoke, how much worse can hell be?

Are you referring to that guy saying 'Will you be able to answer for this in the Grave and on the Final Day???'
 lummox 16 Feb 2017

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ukip-john-bickley-racist-twitter_uk_5...

Why any one would want to eat those oat cake things is beyond me..
In reply to RyanOsborne:

probably ...not read the whole story but I thought it was quite funny how religious pressure was being applied and Lib Dems are fielding a Muslim candidate...
 RyanOsborne 16 Feb 2017

Seems like quite a stretch between what the guy said and what's being reported in the sun / express / mail?

I don't think religious pressure is that surprising given the racism rife within UKIP? If I was muslim, then I'd be even more concerned about UKIP.
 BnB 16 Feb 2017
In reply to Shani:

I haven't because calling someone "snowflake" (or "c*nt" for that matter) isn't the same thing as picking out people by name and with an implicit (or even explicit) appeal to the more numerous participants on your side of the argument.

I love a good bit of invective. It's the ganging up not the insult that has no place in a civilised forum
In reply to lummox:
Why any one would want to eat those oat cake things is beyond me..

There is treatment and advice out there for wheat allergies
 Shani 16 Feb 2017
In reply to BnB:

> I haven't because calling someone "snowflake" (or "c*nt" for that matter) isn't the same thing as picking out people by name and with an implicit (or even explicit) appeal to the more numerous participants on your side of the argument.I love a good bit of invective. It's the ganging up not the insult that has no place in a civilised forum

Sounds like special pleading to me.
In reply to RyanOsborne:

The whole by-election is a wonderful prism into the state of the nation. You have a lying UKIP candidate riding high on the wave of Brexit, a slightly mysogynistic Labour candidate who has local Islamic backing using religious pressure, and a Lib Dem muslim candidate who is shocked at the religious pressure being used by the muslim Labour activist all trying to appeal to a population who voted overwhelmingly to leave the EU...and the press enjoying a feeding frenzy on the main candidates because they are sh1t.

Postmanpat 16 Feb 2017

> The whole by-election is a wonderful prism into the state of the nation.

And the Conservatives maintaining their integrity and dignity as usual

OP Yanis Nayu 16 Feb 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

> My apologies,. If you wish I 'll bow out and let the intelligentsia here exercise their remarkable cognitive skills in doing that then, shall I?

As someone else said, there shouldn't, in any normal forum, be a debate to have. He's a bullshitter, not a characteristic generally considered well-suited to leadership roles, so this thread is more about taking the piss out of him. However, if you wish to debate it, what do you have to say in his defence?
 The New NickB 16 Feb 2017
In reply to lummox:

I don't realise Bickley was UKIP's immigration spokesperson, last time I saw him he was stood at a roundabout shouting at the traffic, trying to get elected as my MP.

It was so pathetic, I almost felt sorry for him.
 lummox 16 Feb 2017

Presumably just shouting at the dirty foreign cars ?
 Mr Lopez 16 Feb 2017

> Apparently Muslim voters will go to hell if they vote for anyone other than Gareth Snell according to labour activist Navid Hussain . If you already live in Stoke, how much worse can hell be?

And according to UKIP, "If You Want A Jihadi For A Neighbour, Vote Labour". Sounds like an election fought on prophecies... That slogan kind of rings a bell though, now where did i hear that before...

ETA: Just seen been posted above already, oh well.

P.s. These are the 'hell' messages

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/nintchdbpict00030212717...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/unnamed25.jpg
Post edited at 12:43
In reply to Mr Lopez:

And to think the last MP became director of the V&A....what a come down
 MonkeyPuzzle 16 Feb 2017

Apparently there's been a 100% reduction in the number of Tristrams in Stoke.
 Phil79 16 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> He's a bullshitter, not a characteristic generally considered well-suited to leadership roles, so this thread is more about taking the piss out of him.

I agree that being a bullshitter should really exclude people from leadership roles.

However, as the whole of brexit seems to have come about due to liberal amounts of BS being spouted, with Farage and his ilk positively thriving when steaming heaps of the stuff are pouring forth from every orifice, and now the "leader of the free world" is demonstrably the biggest bullshitter you could possibly imagine, who will happily claim that black is white, and two plus two equals the biggest crowd to ever watch an inauguration, etc.

So unfortunately, I have to at least consider the possibility that being a massive, unrelenting, shameless, egotistical bullshit merchant isn't just a desirable leadership quality, its more of a prerequisite for the job!!
 abr1966 16 Feb 2017
In reply to lummox:

> Why any one would want to eat those oat cake things is beyond me..

You can't be serious! Bacon and cheese oatcakes from an oatcake shop in Stoke....bloody lovely!
 Ridge 16 Feb 2017

> ...and the press enjoying a feeding frenzy on the main candidates because they are sh1t.

The Copeland by-election seems as bad. I don't know where the parties have got their candidates from, but if any of them got on a bus I'd be avoiding eye contact, spreading out on the seat and praying they didn't sit next to me.
 Big Ger 17 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:
> However, if you wish to debate it, what do you have to say in his defence?

Absolutely nothing.

You know the old adage; "If you've nothing good to say about someone...."
Post edited at 01:27
cb294 17 Feb 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

> Absolutely nothing.You know the old adage; "If you've nothing good to say about someone...."

.... then I would suggest to say something bad instead. Not always, but definitely in politics.

Are you seriously suggesting that a politician putting himself forward for election should for politeness´ sake only be discussed in positive terms?

CB

Nevis-the-cat 17 Feb 2017
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Never mind Nuttall, Barbara Morris, all of 78 yrs old, sounds ace.

I wish she was me nan...

https://abolishmcrm.com/party-constitution-and-manifesto/
 jkarran 17 Feb 2017
In reply to Nevis-the-cat:

> Never mind Nuttall, Barbara Morris, all of 78 yrs old, sounds ace.I wish she was me nan...https://abolishmcrm.com/party-constitution-and-manifesto/

I thought that was satire until I googled and I see she's been arrested this week for inciting hatred. Barking!
jk
In reply to jkarran:
Her website is a rabbit hole into which you'll wish you'd never entered.

.....add to that the comments in the Stoke Sentinel - makes me want to live on the moon.

Put it this way, the comments on the by election in the Stoke forum of When Saturday Comes are the voice of liberal reason, the Sentinel really is that bad.
Post edited at 14:11
 Mooncat 17 Feb 2017

28 is an interesting one, I wonder how he managed that?
 Chris the Tall 17 Feb 2017

I see the moderate wing of UKIP has started a splinter group

That stuff may sound odd now but give it a few years...once the BBC has asked her to appear on Question time every month....

RyanOsborne 17 Feb 2017
In reply to Chris the Tall:

It's not that far from The Republican President (take note Andy!) policies...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/17/trump-immigration-roundup-n...
 EarlyBird 17 Feb 2017

Crikey! Maybe Trump's not so bad after all.

Item 55 in the manifesto might give us a bit of insight - "Psychiatrists and Mental Health workers will have a higher IQ than the patients they pretend to be superior to."
 Andy Hardy 17 Feb 2017
In reply to RyanOsborne:

Have a like!
 Andy Hardy 17 Feb 2017

"36. All Pornography, Homosexuals, Transvestites etc. will be removed from Films, Plays, Radio, Television etc."

Good luck with that one, petal.
In reply to Mooncat:

She's not quite Mary Berry is she?

more the Beryl Reid character from Psychomania.....
 Mooncat 17 Feb 2017

https://www.infotextmanuscripts.org/vexatiouslitigant/vex_lit_queens_bench_...

They should give her a series. Maybe not bake off type stuff though, especially if there's darkies on it.
OP Yanis Nayu 17 Feb 2017

> Never mind Nuttall, Barbara Morris, all of 78 yrs old, sounds ace.I wish she was me nan...https://abolishmcrm.com/party-constitution-and-manifesto/

She's thought it all through. I especially liked the bit about psychiatrists having to have a higher IQ than the patients they pretend to be superior to. I wonder who writes the IQ test - maybe it should be the Queen?
 Big Ger 17 Feb 2017
In reply to cb294:

> .... then I would suggest to say something bad instead. Not always, but definitely in politics. Are you seriously suggesting that a politician putting himself forward for election should for politeness´ sake only be discussed in positive terms?CB

Big difference to "discussion" and "I think Paul Nuttall is a smelly poo poo head 'cos he's UKIP innit".

The New NickB 18 Feb 2017
In reply to Big Ger:

> Big difference to "discussion" and "I think Paul Nuttall is a smelly poo poo head 'cos he's UKIP innit".

Pay attention Stroppy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...