UKC

COMPETITION: WINNER - Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival 2017

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 23 Feb 2017
Arc'teryx Lakeland Revival, 3 kbArc'teryx is proud to announce the Lakeland Revival will be taking place for the fourth year running, beginning on the 29th April and ended on the 31st August. The aim of the revival is still simple, to revive the spirit of Lakeland climbing and encourage people to come and enjoy the climbing the Lakes has to offer.

Read more
J1234 23 Feb 2017
In reply to UKC Articles:

It was a total lash up last year. The staff in the shops poorly informed, infact to be honest no one I knew, knew what it was all about.
The year before was a little better, but again the staff in the shops were woefully informed and the list did not seem to be updated.
I was never sure if I went in the final raffle and I never got an update of who won the final raffle.
 bouldery bits 23 Feb 2017
In reply to Lenin:

I was never sure if I went in the final raffle and I never got an update of who won the final raffle.

Life's 'ard int it eh?
In reply to bouldery bits: Yes, life must be hard if you can't see the obvious point he was making.

Lenin's experences were shared by a good number of people. It makes me think that perhaps this is nothing to do with an altruistic Lakeland Revival and everything to do with promoting brand Arc'teryx. If they were genuinely bothered they'd have put in the effort required.
In reply to Frank the Husky:

Obviously. It's a marketing exercise run by a company. What do you expect?

If it gets more people having a different day out in the Lakes then great.
J1234 23 Feb 2017
In reply to bouldery bits:

> Obviously. It's a marketing exercise run by a company. What do you expect?If it gets more people having a different day out in the Lakes then great.

But as peoples experience of it is poor, they are less likely to engage, I know that many of the people I know are less likely to bother. I would have thought a smart arse like you would understand that.
In reply to Lenin:

> But as peoples experience of it is poor, they are less likely to engage, I know that many of the people I know are less likely to bother. I would have thought a smart arse like you would understand that.

Good luck with the raffle!
 petegunn 23 Feb 2017
In reply to Lenin:

Was it me or were most of the routes on the list, routes that are often climbed anyway?
I can't remember but Iam sure that I had already done a large proportion of them.
J1234 23 Feb 2017
In reply to petegunn:

The year before it was pretty good, took me and my mates to a few routes we have not done before. Back at the shops things were a bit patchy as staff did not know what was going on, but hey ho, got a couple of T Shirts
Last year, most of the routes I had already done and there was something about writing a story or something and no one in the shops I asked had a clue.
I actually want this to work. To get the crags less vegetated, to inspire me to do routes I have not done before and promote local shops.
 Ramblin dave 23 Feb 2017
In reply to Lenin:
> I actually want this to work. To get the crags less vegetated, to inspire me to do routes I have not done before and promote local shops.

Agreed - it's a shame if it's not living up to its potential, because it basically seems like a really positive thing for a gear manufacturer to do - trying to build up their public image by giving recognition (and swag) to ordinary punters for getting out in their local(ish) areas, having adventures, cleaning routes and rediscovering neglected crags rather than just by flying some megawad halfway around the world to climb a new 9b at a crag where most of us would have to project the approach path.
Post edited at 11:58
In reply to bouldery bits: I know, but I actually expect them to get off their arses and make the fairly limited effort to organize this properly. When I was involved in the original Lakes Revival Festivals that I helped run with the BMC, it was so easy to get it right that it now makes me associate Arc'teryx with the phrase "Can't be arsed"...

Katy Whittaker 24 Feb 2017

Hi guys, I am an Arc'teryx ambassador and I organise the Lakeland Revival on behalf of Arc'teryx ultimately to encourage people to go trad climbing in an area that could probably do with a bit more traffic. I try to develop it each year with feedback from previous years, for example the change from esoteric routes to slightly more popular routes was to try and make it more enjoyable for participants whilst still getting traffic to the crags. Myself and Fell & Rock Climbing Club are still working on the route cards for this year but if you are unsure how to get involved or what to do, you can find all the info here https://arcteryxlakelandrevival.com/how-to-get-involved/
Also you are very right in regard to the winners last year and I have now published their names here https://arcteryxlakelandrevival.com/routes-list/
 USBRIT 26 Feb 2017

Nice Video..
 Simon Caldwell 27 Feb 2017
In reply to Katy Whittaker:

> for example the change from esoteric routes to slightly more popular routes

I thought the first two years were pretty good, though they ran out of free stuff very early on in year 2 and there was a lot of confusion about what routes were on the list. Last year we didn't bother as most of the routes were not just "slightly more popular" but were established classic where queues are common.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...