UKC

Aliens & blackholes: I believe we are not alone!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Hi.

IMHO I believe that we are not alone and that they may walk among us. I think some of our top level climbers and alpinists such as Adam Ondra, Alex Honnold and the late Ueli Steck could be  Humanoid Aliens and we don't have a conclusion to what exactly happened to MH370, and Air France over Egypt. 

I have read that advanced astrophysicists now think that blackholes could be Portholes and/wormholes to other universes or other parts of our universe. The late great Doctor Stephen Hawking thought we could utilize energy from mini blackholes to power stuff on earth.

I think with the seven states of matter,  there could be are aliens that are non-humanoid  - some even with shape-shifting ability.

What are peoples opinions on aliens and blackholes?

Sav

Post edited at 19:49
 Oceanrower 19 Oct 2018
In reply to Mountain Spirit:

Oh FFS. Not again!

In reply to Oceanrower:

lmho

webbo 19 Oct 2018

> Hi.

>  IMHO I believe that we are not alone and that they may walk among us. I think some of our top level climbers and alpinists such as Adam Ondra, Alex Honnold and the late Ueli Steck could be  Humanoid Aliens and we don't have a conclusion to what exactly happened to MH370, and Air France over Egypt. 

> I have read that advanced astrophysicists now think that blackholes could be Portholes and/wormholes to other universes or other parts of our universe. The late great Doctor Stephen Hawking thought we could utilize energy from mini blackholes to power stuff on earth.

> I think with the seven states of matter,  there could be are aliens that are non-humanoid  - some even with shape-shifting ability.

> What are peoples opinions on aliens and blackholes?

> Sav

Have you stopped taking your medication.

I reckon there might be crabs on Europa

In reply to webbo:

LOL. Haha.

In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Interesting.

Removed User 19 Oct 2018

Birdie is one of the uglier looking aliens, dangerous too

DerwentDiluted 19 Oct 2018

I hope to god you're right. I think the only hope for the planet is for the intergalactic social services to come and take it into care away from the custody of humans.

In reply to DerwentDiluted:

I agree with you.

We are destroying planet Earth bit by bit -  wars, global warming and climate change, fracking, hormones antibiotics etc in our food to name a few.

On Newsnight guests were saying that hindering and possibly stopping global warming and climate change is now a matter of urgency. 

Sav

Post edited at 20:29
In reply to webbo:

I can post links if you want. So are you doubting astrophysicists and Doctor Stephen Walking?!

webbo 19 Oct 2018

> I can post links if you want. So are you doubting astrophysicists and Doctor Stephen Walking?!

No I’m doubting that some of the top climbers are aliens. However the bit about black holes/ worm holes is still conjecture.

In reply to webbo:

I used to talk about Ueli Steck being an alien with people at Craggy Island in Sutton. 

Some people thought that the late Ueli Steck and Alex Honnold are/were mad and very stupid.

In regards to blackholes, an unmanned shuttle or has not been built to explore blackholes but I think if he were still alive Doctor Hawking would be working with NASA to build such a vessel.

I got his name wrong in a reply.... Oops!

Post edited at 22:29
 Oceanrower 19 Oct 2018

There are a lot of mad/stupid people around.

I disagree that Steck and Honnold are among them. To an outsider (including a lot of climbers) they may appear so but they are operating at the top of their game and know exactly what they are doing and the risks involved.

However, just because someone is either a: mad or b: stupid does not make them an alien.

Please, please. Keep taking the pills.

In reply to Oceanrower:

The only pill I am taking is Turmeric supplement.

I don't think Steck and Honnold are mad and/or stupid.

I have met the late Ueli Steck at a lecture of his at the Royal Geographical Society.

S

Post edited at 22:47
 Sir Chasm 19 Oct 2018

I think I believe in Dr Stephen Walking, but I'm not sure if I believe in Dr Stephen Hawking walking.

Dave Garnett 19 Oct 2018
In reply to webbo:

> No I’m doubting that some of the top climbers are aliens. However the bit about black holes/ worm holes is still conjecture.

It’s the seven states of matter I’m struggling with.

wintertree 19 Oct 2018

> they may walk among us

A typically human centric view of aliens.  Might they not swim, roll, fly, float or otherwise locomote?

In reply to Dave Garnett:

If you google it there are plenty of websites.

Here is just one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_matter

Sav

Anyone fancy a pint? Not of what the OP's drinking, mind . . .

T.

In reply to wintertree:

In fact, they might do all of the things you mentioned or just some of them. 

Perhaps some are not even visible to the naked eye and perhaps some can become or appear to become invisible.

Post edited at 22:59
Lusk 19 Oct 2018

They would be certainly well chilled lifeforms that live in a world of Bose-Einstein condensate.
I somewhat suspect that they would find it extraordinarily difficult to walk amongst us at the elevated temperatures we wander around in, unless they have some kind of invisible capsules that they can survive in.

It's a big uni/multi verse out there, anything's possible.

In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Haha.

I only drink one glass of champagne on Xmas day and a few glasses of Baileys on New Years Eve.

I am a water and caffeine man, myself.

S

Dave Garnett 19 Oct 2018

> If you google it there are plenty of websites.

> Here is just one.

You’re right (sort of), I was blanking on non-classical stuff like BEC (which was actually made in space recently).  Not sure it’s really seven but yes, you didn’t just make it up!

tehmarks 19 Oct 2018

> The only pill I am taking is Turmeric supplement.

Explains a lot.

In reply to Lusk:

I agree and I am with you.

They could possibly survive in the fringes of the poles or at extreme altitude at hardly visited parts of Himalayas etc. 

Aliens could be in any shape or form or have no definite/absolute form.

When scientists say that that planet can not sustain life they are referring to life forms that would be similar to those on earth with a solid state form with limbs and organs.

Sav

Flinticus 19 Oct 2018

> I agree with you.

> We are destroying planet Earth bit by bit -  wars, global warming and climate change, fracking, hormones antibiotics etc in our food to name a few.

> On Newsnight guests were saying that hindering and possibly stopping global warming and climate change is now a matter of urgency. 

> Sav

That's...all correct. Would be great if everyone shared your beliefs here.

JLS 20 Oct 2018

Hi Sav,

I had a dream(?) last night that I was probed by Alex Megos.

Is there a risk that I'm now a host? Should I seek medical attention?

Post edited at 00:09
 McHeath 20 Oct 2018

>I think some of our top level climbers and alpinists (...) could be Humanoid Aliens (...) some even with shape-shifting ability.

Johnny Dawes on The Quarryman springs to mind ... I think Sev is onto something here.

Isn't Hawking prohibited in a lot of places?

Post edited at 00:56
In reply to JLS:

Hi JLS.

I don't think you have. In regards to medical attention, I don't know what to say.

If Megos is humanoid alien, I don't know what kind he is.

Another way to look at this, would be to ask questions like, do souls exist? Do humans have two forms if existence one is the solid state form we know exists and the other is form we can not see for example souls or some people say spirits that exist in non-solid state form. Could that relationship be symbiotic? When the human form dies, does the soul form transcend?

Sav

Post edited at 01:02
In reply to McHeath:

So am I then friends with a humanoid alien?

McHeath 20 Oct 2018

> So am I then friends with a humanoid alien?

I think it's very probable.

profitofdoom 20 Oct 2018
In reply to Sir Chasm:

> I think I believe in Dr Stephen Walking, but I'm not sure if I believe in Dr Stephen Hawking walking.

Or stalking and gawking at Dr Hawking while he's hawking or walking or talking while forking chips down and corking wine

profitofdoom 20 Oct 2018

>  we don't have a conclusion to what exactly happened to .... Air France over Egypt. 

Hi Sav. And good morning

What was that about "Air France over Egypt"? I think I must have missed that one

I'm going to go and have a nice cup of tea - how about you?

Best wishes always

angry pirate 20 Oct 2018

I think this graph answers the question about aliens pretty well:

https://xkcd.com/1235/

Black holes may produce worm holes but it's the spaghettification caused by the enormous gravitational force that might prove a problem.

Removed User 20 Oct 2018

I just pushed birdie into

a black hole

wercat 20 Oct 2018

I have to confess that I did infiltrate,seize, take possession of and explore a foetal body when it was very very small and now have quite a lot of control over it, sitting in a little cavity high up inside.  Unfortunately the body is past its best now, in its 7th decade - have you any suggestions going forwards?

wercat 20 Oct 2018
In reply to Removed UserMrs. Num Num:

careful, he'll rupture the fabric

In reply to angry pirate:

> I think this graph answers the question about aliens pretty well:

> https://xkcd.com/1235/

Sentient little green men visiting our planet is unlikely, yes. But what about crabs/fish/octopus on Jupiter's moon, Europa?

It is believed to have a saline ocean beneath it's icy shell. Could there be hyrdothermal vents too? If so could life thrive?

angry pirate 20 Oct 2018

Very true, it is entirely possible that life exists in the seas of Europa. It is a very exciting area of exploration.

It is almost certain that, given the size of the universe, life exists in some form somewhere other than earth and that some alien life will be sentient. Currently the speed of light and the enormous magnitude of interstellar distances seem to preclude a meeting.

I was posting more in reply to the suggestion that alien life walks amongst us. The smart money is on a nope.

Aliens could be anything.

In reply to profitofdoom:

Oops I got it wrong.

It was an EgyptAir flight not an Air France one. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/07/fire-not-bomb-probably-caused...

In reply to angry pirate:

I agree with you about life existing on other planets and that the universe is so vastly big.

It is well known that the universe keeps expanding.

S

FactorXXX 20 Oct 2018
In reply to McHeath:

> >I think some of our top level climbers and alpinists (...) could be Humanoid Aliens (...) some even with shape-shifting ability.

> Johnny Dawes on The Quarryman springs to mind ... I think Sev is onto something here.

According to this well researched report, Dawes is indeed a space alien:
https://www.rockfax.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/johnnies.pdf

Funny thing....

Don't want to sound nutz though....

Last night during my sleep I felt a cold presence passing through me....

Today I was walking to the hospital my body was warm from the lovely sun but my head was cold.

Sav

Post edited at 19:14
In reply to McHeath:

Then it could be said that I am a peace emissary between other species from other planets.

Oceanrower 20 Oct 2018

> Don't want to sound nutz though....

Waaaaaay too late for that!

Tringa 20 Oct 2018

I get the idea that black holes massively distort space/time and in theory look as if they might lead to somewhere else. The problem I have with blackholes leading to somewhere else is that along with being told about such possible wormhole we are also told the gravitational force, which cause the huge distortions, would destroy any matter falling into them.

Dave 

PS I didn't realise David Icke was a member here.

Dave the Rave 20 Oct 2018

Seen some today, but they weren’t well hidden. Some six fingered, gill breathing mutants in LFC shirts. Easy to spot.

In reply to Oceanrower:

Lmao. Lmho

In reply to Tringa:

Scientists mention something called a singularity, they believe it is the exit of a blackholes and an entrance to universes/more parts of our universe.

In regards to matter being crushed by the gravitational force, astrophysicists and others believe that lifeforms made from non-Newtonian fluids and gasses could possibly survive this.

Sav

In reply to tehmarks:

What exactly do you mean by that explains a lot?

Could Stargate SG-1 invisible aliens like the Reetou and ascended beings like The Ori and what Daniel Jackson become once and what Anubis became possibly exist? 

S

profitofdoom 21 Oct 2018

> Oops I got it wrong. > It was an EgyptAir flight not an Air France one. 

> https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jul/07/fire-not-bomb-probably-caused...

Hi Sav,

Thanks very much for your reply, I see now

Billhook 21 Oct 2018

But you see, not all black holes are equal.

Some equal more sums than the greater part of cosmic wonderment (you know what I mean?).  Heat sinks are the next big problem for cosmic wonderment and astro-physical intelligence due to the increasing problem of bees being killed by electro-magnetic frequency transmissions from extra terrestrial exploration craft visiting the inaudible/RF GHZ bands they use for travel conduits (much similiar to hexi/Yagi-beams principle I think).  

In any case all intelligent life is not necessarily based on carbon don't you agree?  Just look at us humans proves the point.  Do we come back as a lump of shap granite?.  Look how cool is that? (but wait until you cool down)  for 150.000.000 years  or more.  No bother.  Just sit and admire the cosmic forces - only just hope you don't get quarried whilst you are waiting got rescue.  No heating bills, no feeding, no internet, no humans, no point.  Just wait for the next arsehole to pass by and suck us in. as it makes a gateway filter to the next world.   Or is it out?   But either way we'll be metamorphosed and I'm not biased against non igneous sources  are you?

I think thats what happened to MH370 don't you?

DancingOnRock 21 Oct 2018

The nearest black hole is 2800 lightyears away. 

In reply to Billhook:

Carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and nitrogen are the most common elements in the universe, they’re made in stars and are the building blocks of life. 

Which hospital were you walking to and did they keep you in overnight? 

Bulls Crack 21 Oct 2018

Would you say that Johnny Dawes might be an alien? 

If so we can start to answer the question: 'what have aliens ever done on grit?'

Bulls Crack 21 Oct 2018

A well known side effect of TTT (too much turmeric) is a belief in aliens

Oceanrower 21 Oct 2018
In reply to Bulls Crack:

And an inability to spell acronyms...

McHeath 21 Oct 2018
In reply to FactorXXX:

Wow, that took me back! So yes, we've known it all along.

I think he only climbed up Gaia to crush that ladybird, which was really an interstellar warlord who would otherwise have wiped out Cromford.

Post edited at 12:34
In reply to DancingOnRock:

I was walking to Croydon University Hospital and NO it was NOT for me. My, my sister and my little nephew were visiting a very ill close family.

In reply to Bulls Crack:

Haha. I only take the recommended dose and sometimes less.

In reply to Oceanrower:

Do people think that Doctor Steven Hawking is/was mad?

Do people think that Richard Dawkins is mad?

In reply to Bulls Crack:

I think he could probably be and there is a large possibility that he has a non-Newtonian alien being inside him.

Aliens have climbed hard as nailz routes on grit - including Death Chop routes.

Post edited at 17:34
In reply to Billhook:

I agree with all your points and I do think that is what happened to MH370.

As carbon and silicon are pretty much similar I think intelligent life could be made of silicon - whether this life is as we know it or life as we don't know it.

Sav

In reply to Bulls Crack:

I would like add to my earlier reply....

Johnny Dawes being an alien can explain certain things.....

For example, how can someone who was born from a mother who was a drunk be such an excellent climber with amazing coordination, balance and body positioning? A climber who climbs with footwork, grace and beauty?

Similar questions can be asked for John Dunne. 

For instance, how can a heavy guy - although he did loose some weight - climb 8b and E9?

Check out this POF dating profile.

https://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=204722610

Post edited at 19:26
In reply to Billhook:

Some blackholes are unstable and collapse within themselves!

Post edited at 20:15

Could a StarGate potentially exist? Could NASA with the help of U.S Armed Forces and Elon Musk build such devices? Could they use the energy of stable blackholes to power themselves and unmanned exploratory shuttles?

Sav

Post edited at 20:29
 Oceanrower 21 Oct 2018

I know I'm going to regret this but, hey, in for a penny. Can I ask? BA? BSc? What subject?

In reply to Oceanrower:

BSc in Microbiology but a huge fan of Doctor Stephen Walking, The Big Bang Theory and Stargate SG-1.

I used to watch a lot of alien sci-fi  including Star Trek (all series including Voyager and DS9), Enterprise, Andromeda, SG-1, Babylon 5.

S

Post edited at 20:40

Cool as baenz.

J1234 21 Oct 2018

> Hi.

>  IMHO[...]

> Sav

You are the Re Incarnation of DJ Viper and I claim my £5.

DancingOnRock 22 Oct 2018

The fastest object we have created is Voyager 1 which is travelling at 43,000 km/h. 

It would take Voyager 43 million years to reach the nearest black hole.

bouldery bits 22 Oct 2018

> Could a StarGate potentially exist? Could NASA with the help of U.S Armed Forces and Elon Musk build such devices? Could they use the energy of stable blackholes to power themselves and unmanned exploratory shuttles?

> Sav

No.

CurlyStevo 22 Oct 2018

I think all birds are aliens. There are in fact little aliens inside the birds flying them around and observing us. When they die they just shape shift to look like an earth type creature.

In reply to CurlyStevo:

This is interesting. I agree with you.

One of my aunts passed away and her eldest immediate grandson believes she went to heaven and she comes back to visit in the form of a butterfly.

He also believes that her late husband is in heaven but comes back in the form of a Robin Red Breast.

Sav

In reply to bouldery bits:

What is your reason for No

bouldery bits 22 Oct 2018

because that is plainly Science fiction and very heavy on the fiction. 

profitofdoom 22 Oct 2018

I can believe in aliens

But I can't believe this thread is still going

I believe in aliens. I was told that not many Users would be interested in this topic. I can't believe it either.

I partly agree and partly disagree.

We don't have any ideas what the U.S Armed Forces and NASA are doing behind closed doors.

Don't forget the StarGate project was top secret/classified - only a few foreign governments new about it and the base in Cheyenne Mountain.

S

What Stargate project? So secret; only you, and few foreign governments seem to know about it!

Lusk 22 Oct 2018

> What Stargate project? So secret; only you, and few foreign governments seem to know about it!

He's one of those rare individuals who can see things remotely

spartacus 22 Oct 2018
In reply to CurlyStevo:

> I think all birds are aliens. There are in fact little aliens inside the birds flying them around and observing us. When they die they just shape shift to look like an earth type creature.

I can’t agree with this! How do you explain the behaviour of a parrot, in your view an alien that can talk? Would they say something profound and interesting not just “hello”, “who’s a pretty boy then” and somewhat historically “pieces of eight”. ?

webbo 22 Oct 2018

I have met a fair few folk who also believed in aliens, usually when they were detained under the Mental Health Act.

I am referring to the TV Show StarGate SG-1 or just SG-1. 

Other than the U.S Government only The French, British, Chinese and Russian governments know about StarGate Command and the threat from Ga'ould Sysatem Lords.

You know it’s fictional don’t you? 

wercat 22 Oct 2018

I happen to Know that Commander Straker and Steve Zodiac (not to mention Venus) are ON THE CASE.  Results to be expected any time in the next half hour!

wercat 22 Oct 2018
In reply to webbo:

We have some friends whose kids when young could not master the name of their aunt Eileen.  Hence they always called her Aunty Alien.

Yeah I do

In reply to wercat:

lol

Lurking Dave 23 Oct 2018

> I used to watch a lot of alien sci-fi  including Star Trek (all series including Voyager and DS9), Enterprise, Andromeda, SG-1, Babylon 5.

No FireFly... explains alot.

Andy Gamisou 23 Oct 2018

> Other than the U.S Government only The French, British, Chinese and Russian governments know about StarGate Command and the threat from Ga'ould Sysatem Lords.

Except that now YOU have just publicly let the proverbial cat out of the bag.  You do realize that governments monitor web traffic and will be aware that you are initiating discussions on this, and can easily track you down.  And we know what the Russians do to people that piss them off......

In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Lmho....

The show is fictional and I was referring to the fictional governments in the show.

Mind you I think I have pissed of Tsar Putin and his government.

S

Post edited at 11:55

I saw a very interesting programme on Quest last night called NASA's Unexplained Files.

Something strange hapenned this morning....

I turned my DeskTop on and went on the internet - I could only type in Spanish!!!!

Then I restarted it and everything was back to normal!

S

Post edited at 11:35
 profitofdoom 24 Oct 2018

> I turned my DeskTop on and went on the internet - I could only type in Spanish!!!!

¿Por qué solo podrías escribir español? ¡Dios mío! ¡Me está pasando a mí!

No sé por qué sólo podía escribir en Español! I dont know why I could only type in Spanish! 

My nutty theory is that it the DeskTop was posesed by the non-Newtonian self of a dead Spanish climber/alpinist/mountaineer.

Sav

Well they have found mountains, seas and rivers on Titan....

I wonder if exploration on this planet  - climbing and mountaineering wise - could be possible.

If it were possible to live on another planet would you move there? It is predicted that Earth will die out in 400-600 years the way things are going.

Savvas

subtle 25 Oct 2018

> One of my aunts passed away and her eldest immediate grandson believes she went to heaven and she comes back to visit in the form of a butterfly.

> He also believes that her late husband is in heaven but comes back in the form of a Robin Red Breast.

Beautiful brother, just beautiful.

Have you read Butterfly Lion by Michael Morpurgo - I think you would like it.

Oceanrower 25 Oct 2018

> It is predicted that Earth will die out in 400-600 years the way things are going.

Really? By whom?

In reply to subtle:

Thank you. Thank you so much.

No I haven't  but will look into this book defo.

Looks lovely!  

Thanks for the recommendation brother.

S

Post edited at 17:32
In reply to Oceanrower:

I will post a link but I think many great minds predicted it.

Post edited at 17:44
 ThunderCat 25 Oct 2018

>  It is predicted that Earth will die out in 400-600 years the way things are going.

> Savvas

There's a prediction about the end of the world every couple of years. Whether it's from fringe science groups, religious maniacs, nostradamus's quatrains, Mayan calendars...each one as fervent and positive as the one before it. And not a single one ever pans out. Ever. 

Ever. Without exception.

And yet whenever the latest prediction comes on the scene, everyone suddenly develops instant memory loss about the thousands of one's before it...even when they've come from the same author.

We're a bizarre species , us yoomans. 

In reply to ThunderCat:

I agree with you. 

Oceanrower 25 Oct 2018

Ok. So one is 4 to 5 billion years and the other doesn't give a timescale.

Your point is?

aln 26 Oct 2018
In reply to Oceanrower:

Hawking says we will not survive another 100 years unless we leave Earth. Would you? leave Earth. If the air became toxic and I could take family and friends I would leave Earth. 

Here is food for thought that might start the life make Earth uninhabitable. Vladimir Putin is building a nuclear power plant for Reccip Tayyip Erdogan in an earthquake hotspot in Southern Turkey that faces Northern Cyprus.....

If an incident like Chenobyl or Fukushima did happen the whole of the Eastern Mediterranean and Middle East could be affected. Putin wanted to build such plants in other countries including Egypt, , Saudi Arabia and The UAE. 

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-turkey-russia-nuclearpower/erdogan-putin-...

S

In reply to aln:

Will give it a watch soon.

NASA's Unexplained Files was very interesting tonight.  Enceladus is heating up!

Sav

Oceanrower 26 Oct 2018

I think your reading skills are lacking. Hawking says 1,000 years not 100. That, however, is immaterial.

You stated it was predicted that the Earth wouldn't survive more than 400-600 years. It will.

That is very different to how long life on Earth will survive.

In reply to Oceanrower:

I know. Oops.

That was just my train of thought about the 400-600 years.

IMHO, I think before the Earth dies out it will become uninhabitable - have toxic/noxious/cancerous chemicals in the air, micrplastic beads in the oceans, pesticides, hormones and antibiotics in out food.

What do you think about living ion another planet?

Sav

Post edited at 15:05
In reply to Oceanrower:

Oops. 

IMHO opinion the earth will become uninhabitable first - noxious, toxic, cancerous in the air we breathe, plastics in the seas and oceans including alomost invisible microplastic beads, hormones, antibiotics and pesticides in our food.

Would you live on another planet?

Sav

I have bought Doctor Stephen Hawking's and it will probably answer the questions here about aliens, human survival, blackholes etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brief-Answers-Big-Questions-Stephen/dp/1473695988/...

Sav

aln 31 Oct 2018

Did you watch the TED talk I linked? 

How can can things appear to be invisible, isn't this an oxymoron ?

In reply to aln:

Not yet. Half way through the Mina Leslie Podcast.

Post edited at 22:10
In reply to Ade in Sheffield:

Technology that makes them seem invisible. Remember 007 Car in Die Another Day. In SG-1 the Ga'ould had devices that make them invisible.

Strange but true thing happening in yoga this evening....

I haven't been practicing yoga at home and I missed a few classes because I have family staying here due to visiting my now late mother in hospital and I was helping looking after my nephew. .....

Tonight when we were doing balances including half moon pose I had no difficulty doing them and managed to hold them for a few breaths but the stranger thing was i felt cold in the head when holing them.

Sav

aln 31 Oct 2018

Y

It's 

In reply to aln:

Is your post incomplete?

I am interested in what Mina Leslie has to say.

aln 01 Nov 2018

My post went wonky. I gave a link to a TED talk about aliens.

In reply to aln:

I remember

Post edited at 00:51
 aln 01 Nov 2018

Did you watch it ?

ThunderCat 01 Nov 2018

> Technology that makes them seem invisible. Remember 007 Car in Die Another Day. In SG-1 the Ga'ould had devices that make them invisible.

Bear in mind that these are fictional television programs and movies though, yeah?  It's like using an episode of the X files as evidence of government conspiracies.. 

In reply to aln:

Today I will watch it.

Trangia 01 Nov 2018

Oh dear! It sounds as though you missed the transport to the spaceship hiding behind Hale-Bopp in 1997?

Billhook 01 Nov 2018

I believe in aliens   I've seen them on Star-trek...- "Life but not as we know it Jim".

I think Yoga is a shortcut to overcoming anti gravitational laws.    

aln 01 Nov 2018
In reply to Billhook:

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.

Get it right please, you've upset a Trekkie... 

Timmd 01 Nov 2018
In reply to aln:

Perhaps it's improved, but during the 90's it seemed to be the same episode each time, ie the same plot structure but different details. I watched about 3 and got bored.

They'd fly along, something would come up on the screen, they'd learn what they could from afar, and then go down and investigate. They'd encounter a civilisation peopled by humanoids, which had created a society a little bit like a human society but not quite, and have something perturbing or unusual happen to them because of this, which created something to learn a philosophical lesson from, and then the episode would end.  Maybe it just wasn't my kind of programme.

I reckon there probably is life somewhere else out there in the multiverse.

Post edited at 23:56
 aln 02 Nov 2018
In reply to Timmd:

You just described everything that's great about Star Trek! 

Lurking Dave 02 Nov 2018
In reply to aln:

And in doing so explained why DS9 was crap.

aln 02 Nov 2018
In reply to Lurking Dave:

Wash your mouth out! 

Timmd 02 Nov 2018
In reply to aln:

> You just described everything that's great about Star Trek! 

lol, maybe it's just not my thing. 

Post edited at 02:37

So this thread isn't about cams ? 

Billhook 02 Nov 2018
In reply to aln:

Thanks - I knew it didn't have quite the same ring when I typed it....

In reply to aln:

Were you a big Seven of Nine fan - played by Jeri Ryan?

Very popular with the goths and mettalers.

In reply to Lurking Dave:

What about Babylon 5? Any views on that.

Post edited at 20:06

Who here likes Star Gate SG-1 and also watched Dark Angel? Fave SG-1 System Lord.

Post edited at 20:08
 aln 02 Nov 2018

> Were you a big Seven of Nine fan - played by Jeri Ryan?

> Very popular with the goths and mettalers.

Not a big fan, no. Have you watched the TED talk I linked to?

Lusk 03 Nov 2018

If you're really interested in this stuff, read some popular science books.  No Maths involved.
Einstein has a verbal description on his theories; loads of others, Brian Greene et al.

Really blow your mind with reality!

In reply to aln:

Me neither.

Tried to but my DeskTop is pretty old and my internet is not that good. 

In reply to Lusk:

Thanks.

The Stephen Hawking book came today but have Brian Greene et al in mind.

In reply to Lusk:

Holy Guakamolee! ....

I seached for Brian Green ion Amazon and there some profoundly mind blowing books of his!!!!

Lusk 03 Nov 2018

Get that shopping basket loaded up, Sav!

In reply to Lusk:

Thanks.

Looks like this first book is going to be read quickly.

Lusk 04 Nov 2018

> Thanks.

> Looks like this first book is going to be read quickly.

Rest assured my man, it won't!
You'll be spending half your time going WTF and re-reading and re-reading pages over and over again.
I did to get my tiny brain around some of the stuff

In reply to Lusk:

I was referring to the Prof. Stephen Hawking book I am reading at present. I am enjoying reading it a lot.  

What do you make of this?

https://asgardia.space/en/

Is this the first attempt for a Babylon 5 or a DS-9?

Sav

wercat 05 Nov 2018

more like Radio Caroline

In reply to wercat:

lol

aln 06 Nov 2018

I think you're a troll.

In reply to aln:

I am not a troll....

I am 8 mins through your TED link till my TalkTalk Internet went funny. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46181662

Thought you might like this .

TWS

subtle 13 Nov 2018
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46181662

> Thought you might like this .

> TWS

Don't believe it, the attack has begun!

Best get a stache of food and head to the hills (or your bunker if you were forward thinking and had one)

Good luck to all, its the beginning of the end

In reply to subtle:

> Don't believe it, the attack has begun!

> Good luck to all, its the beginning of the end

And it's about bloody time too.

I sent the signal to my brethren some time ago.

"Attention Zargot brothers , Earths finally done , cooked perfection in fact, the locals taste divine" 

End transmission  

subtle 13 Nov 2018

> And it's about bloody time too.

> I sent the signal to my brethren some time ago.

> "Attention Zargot brothers , Earths finally done , cooked perfection in fact, the locals taste divine" 

> End transmission  

Careful, what about the sisterhood? Or are they one sex? Are you one of them? Are you an advance party sent to observe and pass comment back when we are ready for attack then? Oh dear, ruuuuuuuuuuun everyone

wercat 13 Nov 2018

Have you seen "Ted and Alice", filmed in the Lakes?  Tells the whole story - the aliens are sex tourists!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0179051/

Post edited at 16:47

Love it. 

Thank you.

Your most welcome.  

:-D

Thanks dude.

In reply to subtle:

Could it be the Ori?! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ori_(Stargate)

Or the Shadows?!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_(Babylon_5)

Sav

Post edited at 22:57
 Bulls Crack 14 Nov 2018

Mach   2 is err 'astronomical'?

It didn't seem to be on a collision course.. Well obviously, since it missed you!

One wonders about pilots sometimes. It must be a boring job.

In reply to aln:

Just finished watching your link.

aln 15 Nov 2018

What did you think of it?

In reply to aln:

I think it is very interesting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...