UKC

female blacksmith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Billhook 02 Dec 2018
In reply to paul mitchell:

Our Katie:-

https://www.kvblacksmith.com  

Much more local. And she's been on TV too.

sjminfife 02 Dec 2018
In reply to Billhook:

She's the blacksmith on the Friday night programme "Made in Britain"?  I enjoyed that series.

Dax H 02 Dec 2018

To be honest I don't see anything special about being a female blacksmith. The only real barrier to entry to it is artistic talent, you certainly don't need to be the big burly bloke that is always portraide on TV and in book's. Using the correct size hammer and a good quality anvil with a good rebound to it is 100% more important thay physical prowess. 

I'm a big burley bloke who happens to be learning to Smith both in my own forge and on the odd course, the last course I did I was between 2 other people, a 78 year old bloke and a mid 20s office lass. They pretty much matched me blow for blow for the full 8 hours. 

toad 02 Dec 2018
In reply to Dax H:

Difference between a blacksmith and a farrier is more pronounced these days. Regardless of gender, there's a fair bit of strength required to persuade a big hoss to cooperate

In reply to Deadeye:

Why do you keep posting links to Paul's profile?

Here is another one http://www.malhamsmithyonline.co.uk/

Dax H 02 Dec 2018
In reply to toad:

There is but the op was talking about a female blacksmith not a female farrier. There are women farriers but as you say it does require a degree of strength. 

Sharp 02 Dec 2018
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

> Why do you keep posting links to Paul's profile?

Give him time, he's just building up to asking him out on a date

The New NickB 02 Dec 2018
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

> Why do you keep posting links to Paul's profile?

I guess it is a comment on Paul's annoying habit of posting YouTube links without comment exept for the thread title. 

jimtitt 02 Dec 2018
In reply to The New NickB:

> I guess it is a comment on Paul's annoying habit of posting YouTube links without comment exept for the thread title. 

From the utterly random stuff it´s like a bored old pensioner that´s just been shown how internet works by his carer

Deadeye 02 Dec 2018
In reply to The New NickB:

Correct.  I thought it was pretty evident; apologies if not.

Deadeye 02 Dec 2018
In reply to jimtitt:

> From the utterly random stuff it´s like a bored old pensioner that´s just been shown how internet works by his carer

Made me chuckle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...