UKC

Very random dog walk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dax H 05 Feb 2022

It's been chucking it down all day but eventually I had to take the dogs out to in the words of Sarah Milichan " empty them". A quick wiz round the block with 2 very unhappy dogs but they did their thing so we went home. 

About 100 meters from our gate they both get very excited and pulling on the leads. A ferret has come wombling out of next doors garden. Poor little dude was trying to get to me but not with 2 dogs.

I took the dogs home them went looking for him. I found him in the church yard up the road and he flew to me and snuggled in to my hands instantly.

He is now in the garage in a cat carrier fast asleep on a blanket, even though I got a shower the dogs are still going bat shit in the house sniffing everything and jumping all over me.

The Mrs has put it on the Facebook community page so hopefully his owners will get him back ASAP.

I love the randomness of life. 

Billhook 05 Feb 2022
In reply to Dax H:

I found one in similar circumstances.  Easily housetrained  to use a cat litter. Liked playing too. I only had him a couple of weeks. 

Most interesting fact I learned was that he could easily crush and eat the bone off a lamb chop, but he could also easily tell when he was play fighting with me not to bite me that hard and he never once did draw blood!!

But I was a bachelor  with little spare time and the ferret needed a home where he'd get lots of attention and a stimulated environment.  So he went to a new home.. 

I hope he gets back to where ever he belongs.  Good luck

girlymonkey 05 Feb 2022
In reply to Dax H:

Wow! One of my dogs would be wild for 3 weeks with an encounter like that!! In fact, he wouldn't have let it get away in the first place, at that point the chase instinct would have kicked in so strong that I couldn't have stopped him!

Well done for keeping it safe and looking after it!

Dave the Rave 05 Feb 2022
In reply to Dax H:

That’s a heart warming tale for a cold damp night.

Nice one .

OP Dax H 05 Feb 2022
In reply to girlymonkey:

If they had been off the lead I would have had no chance.

The dogs are still bouncing now, we have 2 house rabbits too and they keep stamping. I can only assume they can smell it on me too. 

OP Dax H 05 Feb 2022
In reply to Billhook:

I had a pet ferret about 25 years ago. Very playful and very smart too.

If it wasn't for the dogs and the rabbits I would be happy for him yo stay here. 

OP Dax H 05 Feb 2022
In reply to Dax H:

Just been out to the garage to feed and water the little dude. Put a blanket over his cage too just in case. 

Bottom Clinger 05 Feb 2022
In reply to Dax H:

That is one cute ferret. 

OP Dax H 06 Feb 2022
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

A cute ferret that is reunited with his owner.

His people had been scouring the streets,, they gave up at 10pm, went home and saw the face book post. 

I was asleep but according to the Mrs as soon as he saw the little girl that owns him he flew to the front of the cage and started squeaking. 

Sean Kelly 06 Feb 2022
In reply to Dax H:

Just returned from our morning dog-walk and came across a claw-hammer and very large ratchet screwdriver,  apparently dumped alongside a dog-bin. Obviously worried I might be stopped by the law for 'going equipped'. Should I  post on Facebook as some scroat will be weeping into their cornflakes!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...