UKC

THE TICKLIST: IFSC World Cup comes to the UK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 14 Sep 2022

In this week's episode of The Ticklist, Rob Greenwood runs us through the Lead World Cup which took place last weekend in Ratho, Scotland. The competition was full of nail-biting moments, particularly when some of the top competitors ran the clock down to the final seconds...

Read more

Tyler 14 Sep 2022
In reply to UKC News:

Not that random bloke sat by a crag again! In fact, has he moved from last week?

Post edited at 14:09
In reply to Tyler:

Same bloke, different crag 😅

McHeath 14 Sep 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

Seems like ˋSlovinnia‘ is catching on! Matt G. started it, but someone seemed to have taken him aside before he commented in Koper, where he finally got it rhyming with Armenia.

Nice roundup of 2 exciting comps though!

In reply to McHeath:

I think I was concentrating so hard at not mispronouncing peoples names that I failed entirely within something I shouldn’t have failed at in the first place 🤦‍♂️

Really was incredible how close each of the comps was, with both coming down virtually to zero seconds on the clock. Don’t think that’s happened before, at least not in both men’s and women’s. 

Wonder what the rest of the season has in store?!

Paul Sagar 14 Sep 2022
In reply to UKC News:

I did a genu-lol at the speed climbing bit. 

(it’s funny cos it’s true etc)

In reply to Paul Sagar:

I did think “am I being a bit harsh” as I said it, and I probably was, but for the vast majority of our audience I think speed climbing is a largely redundant discipline - especially now it’s no longer a part of the combined format within the Olympic. As such, there seemed little point in reporting on it…

Robert Durran 15 Sep 2022

> I did think “am I being a bit harsh” as I said it, and I probably was, but for the vast majority of our audience I think speed climbing is a largely redundant discipline - especially now it’s no longer a part of the combined format within the Olympic. As such, there seemed little point in reporting on it…

Well done!

McHeath 15 Sep 2022

Yes! AI Mori's tenacity and creativity is astounding, and her strength and stamina seem to be even higher now despite her long break. Do you know what she has been studying? 

JLS 15 Sep 2022
In reply to McHeath:

>”Do you know what she has been studying?”

Given her age, probably the usual things you study at school.

McHeath 15 Sep 2022
In reply to JLS:

Yep, I forgot she is still so young! (19th birthday in 2 days)

simes303 18 Sep 2022

> I did think “am I being a bit harsh” as I said it, and I probably was, but for the vast majority of our audience I think speed climbing is a largely redundant discipline - especially now it’s no longer a part of the combined format within the Olympic. As such, there seemed little point in reporting on it…

I don't think you were harsh enough!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...