UKC

VIDEO: Gritstone's Best Bouldering Circuit? The Roaches

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC Videos 22 Mar 2024

The Roaches offer the best and most extensive bouldering in Staffordshire, with classics abound across the grades. It’s got its own unique and cosy atmosphere too and is arguably the best place in the whole of the Peak District to go if you’re a beginner - or looking to do a nice circuit of easier climbs. In and amongst this there lies a load of harder stuff too. In short: there’s something for everyone.

Watch the video: https://www.ukclimbing.com/videos/play.php?i=6287
 simes303 23 Mar 2024
In reply to UKC Videos:

"The best gritstone climbing in Derbyshire is in Staffordshire"..........

Dave Garnett 26 Mar 2024
In reply to UKC Videos:

Nice, user-friendly video that captures the fun of a great area.  I really must get back up there, it's been a while...  How did you manage to stop it raining?

Stretch and Mantel is a favourite of mine and it's always good to see tall guys struggling to make the reach!

galpinos 26 Mar 2024
In reply to UKC Videos:

Was down on Sunday and had a lovely morning. Had worried the UKC video might have caused the hoards to descend but it was a very pleasant day out.

Only downside was the amount of chalk and tick marks on Nadin's.  The glued hold (caked in chalk) was very damp in the back and looked like the right hand side would flex so probably needs glueing/re-glueing when dry.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...