UKC

INTERVIEW: 9a and E9 for 'hidden' climber Rob Sutton

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 02 Jun 2023

'at times I thought I was deluding myself to even try' - the 'hidden' climber has been unmasked, but who are they?

Read more

mike reed 02 Jun 2023
In reply to UKC Articles:

Nice one Rob, congratulations. All the best to Al too. Good luck. 

JLS 02 Jun 2023

Awesome Rob.  Pleased to hear all your hard work has paid off.

Josh Willett 02 Jun 2023

Enjoyed that, inspiring stuff.

Graham Atkins 02 Jun 2023
In reply to Josh Willett:

One of the most humble, unstated and talented guys in British climbing.  Legend.

Brian Pollock 02 Jun 2023

Awesome! Really inspiring stuff.

Andy Moles 02 Jun 2023

'Leap RP'? Sounds like cheating to me

Nice one Rob. I remember hearing a power-roar at Dumby years ago and walking around the corner to see you topping out Firefight. Up to that point I hadn't had any idea that a) Rob Sutton was a man with a power-roar or b) that he could boulder 8B, both of which probably say something about the everyday demeanour and understatedness of Rob Sutton.

On a separate note, is it just me that finds it strange that having a hidden logbook is considered so noteworthy that it's the first question of an interview? Like, why would anyone not want a full public record of everything they climb, unfathomable!

caff 06 Jun 2023

Top effort Rob

brunomarks 06 Jun 2023

Great ascents Rob!  Never in doubt that you are strong enough!!!  Good to hear you and family are doing well!

AdamBrown 06 Jun 2023

Awesome! Top effort congratulations. Inspiring read too thanks 

UKB Shark 18 Jun 2023

Excellent. Congratulations Rob. Only climbed with him once a long time ago but apparent that he was super strong but also super busy which got in the way of his climbing . Worth also mentioning that his background includes hard bouldering and being in the British team.

Awesome work Rob - I think I remember mainly some fun times in Cresciano and Font, way back when

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...