UKC

DESTINATION GUIDE: Dartmoor Bouldering - Gems in a Granite Setting

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 30 Jan 2024

Grandly named 'Devonia's Alps' by celebrated author William Crossing, Dartmoor is formed by the largest mass of granite in Britain, is very peaty and has a lot of bogs. Of more interest for us, however, is that over the last 30 years it has matured from being a relative backwater frequented mostly by tough-skinned locals into an outstanding bouldering destination, appealing to climbers of all levels, from novice to world class.

Whether you want to feel small in the big, grandiose landscapes of the open moors or embraced by a comforting olde woodland, you will find a venue to suit, writes Dave Henderson.

Read more

Paddy_nolan 31 Jan 2024
In reply to UKC Articles:

Great to see this come out! I moved to the area in 2019, climbed with Perry a few times and been hearing about the potential for this book to arrive since then. Great to see dartmoor getting some attention, very well done. 

excited to get my copy. 

paddy 

In reply to UKC Articles

Geddon!!! Such a savage yet great area Dartmoor granite! Cut my teeth there as a youngster and always enjoy heading back for the inevitable spanking… like at the weekend when I went for a long awaited second session on Nether Edge… suffice to say no summit obtained before the obligatory blood was spilt! 

Great stuff Dave - I’m looking forward to getting my bloodied stumps on it at some point! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...